Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahama Mama

Sunny days
Oct 12, 2022
Winding Bay

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
What I like about Stills is not only his guitar playing (which IMO is excellent) but I Iove his voice. Also, he writes some great tunes.

Too bad he has lost most of his hearing.
Stephen sings soul

Singin' Rock and Roll

Might not have had "Sunshine" if not for Stills

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What I like about Stills is not only his guitar playing (which IMO is excellent) but I Iove his voice. Also, he writes some great tunes.

Too bad he has lost most of his hearing.

He should have a chat with Pete Townshend and Huey Lewis. I feel very bad for the latter.

What's crazy to me is that, evidently, Neil doesn't have hearing loss.

I do, but only partly from being in bands.

As true today as it was upon release, sadly.

On a lighter note, did you know that "War, What Is It Good For?" was the original title of Tolstoy's War and Peace?

Reactions: Ladyfan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I know being a 70s kid from the suburbs, I'm supposed to think the Doors were a great band. I just don't. Most of it I find to be melodramatic nonsense fueled by drugs and ego. LA Woman isnt that bad, but Roadhouse Blues has me unplugging the jukebox. As always, YMMV.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Stephen sings soul

Singin' Rock and Roll

Might not have had "Sunshine" if not for Stills

The very first song I learned on bass was Ain't No Sunshine. Still the only one I can play and sing at the same time.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I know being a 70s kid from the suburbs, I'm supposed to think the Doors were a great band. I just don't. Most of it I find to be melodramatic nonsense fueled by drugs and ego. LA Woman isnt that bad, but Roadhouse Blues has me unplugging the jukebox. As always, YMMV.

To each his own, Number One.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He should have a chat with Pete Townshend and Huey Lewis. I feel very bad for the latter.

What's crazy to me is that, evidently, Neil doesn't have hearing loss.

I do, but only partly from being in bands.

As true today as it was upon release, sadly.

On a lighter note, did you know that "War, What Is It Good For?" was the original title of Tolstoy's War and Peace?
Actually, Stills started losing his hearing very young, so it wasn't all due to being in bands

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad