the most overrated Hockey player of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Chris Drury- was a hard worker/grinder and a nice pitcher when he was 12 in Connecticut. Outside of that, he was a 3rd liner who gets tons of undeserved accolades as a "great player"

Gurgelmupp

Jan 22, 2006
Forsberg is regarded as some kind of demi-god on HFBoards.

The guy can't part the sea, no matter what you think.

I'd wager he does!

And what's all this demi-god nonsense? What's so "demi" about him? I don't see you haters going around saying "the christian demi-god God"...

And maybe Jesus walked on water, but Forsberg can skate on frozen water with practically no feet!

SteelFish87*

nhl13covers.jpg

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Scott Niedermayer. In his early career he was similar to Ed Jovanovski and was paired with Ken Daneyko who was tasked with cleaning up his mental lapses. He was never a top tier defenseman until New Jersey's 2003 Cup run, and stayed elite until 2007, was good for another couple years and retired. But people act like he was as good as 2006 Niedermayer for the whole thing. If you argue, people just list off all the things that his teams won.

I'd agree with Nieds.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Lindros, Forsberg, and Bure among a lot of fans.

Scott Niedermayer is easily the most overrated player of all-time by the media. Actually, Rick Nash is close there too.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Not going to write out a long drawn out post but these are my picks:

Forward: Mark Messier
Defenseman: Scott Neidermayer
Goalie: Vlad Tretiak

If you really want a good discussion on this topic, check out the History of Hockey Forum. It's filled with posters who are old enough to actually have a valid opinion on "of all-time" questions. They also use facts, which is a novelty around here.

Blitzburgh87*

Not going to write out a long drawn out post but these are my picks:

Forward: Mark Messier
Defenseman: Scott Neidermayer
Goalie: Vlad Tretiak

If you really want a good discussion on this topic, check out the History of Hockey Forum. It's filled with posters who are old enough to actually have a valid opinion on "of all-time" questions. They also use facts, which is a novelty around here.

I think I might do that. Thank you kindly.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI

noooooooo way dude. lindros was a BEAST...until his face met stevens' shoulder pad. big, fast, great shot, hit people...just awesome. 101 points over ppg, and thats with 4 real bad seasons to finish off his career.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Zack Kassian (before the trade you'd think he was the reincarnation of Lindros before the concussions)

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Martin Brodeur, played on a team good enough to provide him the protection to be successful. He was a good goalie but spent his entire career on a very good team. I know its silly to put him down because his team was so good for so long but I think he is overrated because of it.

If I had another choice I would also nominate Messier, everything about the guy screams overrated.

I also think its unfair to say guys were overrated just because their careers were derailed by injuries. I have seen Lindros's name as well as Clark, both excellent players but injuries pretty much destroyed each of their respective careers.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Lindros without a doubt. Whined when he came in the league (actually before that when he stiff armed the Soo), no show in only Finals appearance, whined to get out of Philly, "dominant" against little guys, but couldn't hack it when the big boys started to go after him. Even his one Hart trophy was during shortened season & to be honest, Jagr should have won it that year. He wasn't a beast by any stretch. He was overrated coming out of Junior, continued that fine tradition into the NHL & never really met expectations....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad