Post-Game Talk: The more things change, the more they stay the same: Jets lose to lowly Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Its not that I mind the losing though. Its just the utter lack of anything resembling a killer instinct that drives me nuts. The lack of any sort of - I don't know, "fire in the belly." I mean to come out and lay such a big egg against a team ripe for the picking like Florida is hard to digest...

anyway, off to bed with me!

GO JETS GO, lets get up and at them tomorrow!

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
This team badly, badly needs a Dustin Brown/Mike Richards type. Ladd has it, but no one else on the team does. Even when we win, it's usually on just a lot of raw talent rather than true grit. Guys like Buff and Kane are really good, and I like them, but they play really relaxed whether we're up 4 or down 4. We need more guys like Ladd who battle regardless of what the score is. (Albeit, even he isn't quite there yet either).

Also, I wonder if we can package up a few guys and flip Pavelec for a goalie. I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. He's got to be better, and he is seeming to be plateauing already early in his career. Seems like he may never make the jump from a .900/3.00 backup to a sub 3.00, .920 bonafide starter.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Ladd-Antropov-Little is an amazing line right now.

We are going to beat Tampa tomorrow night just to confuse matters further.

We are only 1 point out of a playoff spot! as long as we hang around until Byfug/Bogo get back, we'll be alright. I can see Chevy dangling a 2nd or 3rd for some immediate help on D. Did anyone see Wellwood say "Hamburgers" .. HAHAHAH

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
That was absolutely brutal.:banghead:

The Jets need to forget that game ever happened & start fresh against Tampa.

That was one of the most empty arenas I have ever seen.
Florida will be the next team to move their franchise after Phoenix.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be nice to see Pavelec take a step forward and avoid these meltdowns, especially with a long-term deal. Hopefully this can be his mulligan of the 2013 season.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Pavelec should try catching the puck for once instead of throwing it back in to the slot.

Also, this team misses Byfuglien far more than anyone complaining about his roving style would ever believe. They had complete control of the puck during the 5-on-3 and didn't open up a single shooting lane, which is completely pathetic.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Pavelec should try catching the puck for once instead of throwing it back in to the slot.

Also, this team misses Byfuglien far more than anyone complaining about his roving style would ever believe. They had complete control of the puck during the 5-on-3 and didn't open up a single shooting lane, which is completely pathetic.

The players were not moving their feet during that 5-on-3. They were standing around passing to each other

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The players were not moving their feet during that 5-on-3. They were standing around passing to each other

Exactly. Byfuglien would have been more creative than that. He knows how to create space offensively.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
agreed....its a different team without buff.

bogosian is also sorely missed, but as goes pavalec, so goes this team.

that is scary.

Thrashers94

We fly as one
Mar 22, 2010
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
You Winnipeg folks see what us Thrashers fans dealt with for years, periods of strong play followed up by a streak of really bad games.

This franchise is terribly inconsistent unfortunately.

But I'll be there at the game tomorrow night ready to see my team in person for the first time since March :)

White Out 403*

I remember how I had thoughts of competing not for a playoff spot-- but a home playoff spot.

Oh those were the days of naive youth. Huzzah to the roaring last-weeks!

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
That was a brutal game to watch. I almost feel asleep a few times during this one. Maybe they will surprise us against Tampa tomorrow night.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Following a team that is so inconsistent is very frustrating so we know your pain.
It is going to take time to see this team become a legitimate contender.

Even in the 80's & 90's during the Jets 1.0 we never ever got to see a good playoff run.

It sucks to keep saying that we will do better next year over & over without it ever happening.

You Winnipeg folks see what us Thrashers fans dealt with for years, periods of strong play followed up by a streak of really bad games.

This franchise is terribly inconsistent unfortunately.

But I'll be there at the game tomorrow night ready to see my team in person for the first time since March :)

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Following a team that is so inconsistent is very frustrating so we know your pain.
It is going to take time to see this team become a legitimate contender.

Even in the 80's & 90's during the Jets 1.0 we never ever got to see a good playoff run.

It sucks to keep saying that we will do better next year over & over without it ever happening.

The Bombers have been the same way for the past 20 plus years.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I gotta say, I want to see more from Zachy Red! You'd have no idea that this was his first NHL game!

They need generate more traffic on net.

I read above that we need more guys that battle, I think that Jokinen definitely fits that mold. It's hard to believe that the guy is 34. I can't believe how much people *****ed about the guy. He's ****ing awesome!

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
How about my man Jimmy Wright! Loved to see him step up for Redmond, he should have just taken his helmet off. Reds also looked good out there today, which is awesome to see. Not even going to comment on the rest... It's all been said. Let's hope for a more exciting game tomorrow, if anything.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
How about my man Jimmy Wright! Loved to see him step up for Redmond, he should have just taken his helmet off. Reds also looked good out there today, which is awesome to see. Not even going to comment on the rest... It's all been said. Let's hope for a more exciting game tomorrow, if anything.

It wasn't a smart play by Wright. He negated a double minor penalty to the Panthers. Sometimes you have to think before you act.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
You guys think you had a bad night? I'm also a Rangers fan and I suffered through that game too! :cry: Even worse, both the Jets and Rangers face Tampa Bay for their next game and TB is pretty potent right now. Could be another couple of depressing days for me. :shakehead

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
If Scheifele does not play tomorrow it is abhorrent.

Not sure if I want him near this sticking pile of Sh:amazed:.

A reporter walked in the Jets shower room, and they were all curled up in their own spaces scrubbing and crying out, "it doesn't come off, it doesn't wash away"

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
It wasn't a smart play by Wright. He negated a double minor penalty to the Panthers. Sometimes you have to think before you act.

Your joking right? Who cares about the two minute powerplay when a teammate is cheap shotted. Wright did the right thing.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Coming back down to earth is no fun. After last weekend, I started hoping that just maybe this team had taken that magical step forward and was now going to contend. But reality is probably closer to that 10-13 spot that most predicted. I'm okay with that if we see movement in the right direction. Other than the obvious how badly we need Buff and Bogo, there are still lots of needs. But the thing that worries me the most at this moment is Pavs. This team needs a goalie to back stop them not not finish games with a .848 save %.

RonJon

May 18, 2011

No sometomes you just act. I'm ok with the sawoff. Wright did what he had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad