Post-Game Talk: The more things change, the more they stay the same: Jets lose to lowly Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Yeah a Visor with latches on the side would work.

You shouldn't fight with a visor tho its kind of cowardly. I can see from the leagues perspective that if they wanna get rid of that kind of fight where there is no real repercussion for fighting (Like taking a fist to the face) that it might make some guys think twice about fighting.

Pretty sure the visor doesn't make a difference. Wright would have fought the guy regardless.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Neither is that talented, but IMO Winnipeg has generally shown more effort, heart, jam etc (which are all somewhat emotion-based) than Florida or most teams, for that matter. it would not be unusual for a long road trip to sap some of that emotion - human nature. I still say, big picture, this team shows good heart.

Not in the last few games though, which is what the majority are frustrated with.

I wouldn't agree that the Jets have also show more effort than most teams either. Watching other games either via Centre Ice or the free preview channels on MTS, I would characterize the Jets overall effort level across the league as the bottom quarter.

And game 2 of 3 is not a long road trip.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Pretty sure the visor doesn't make a difference. Wright would have fought the guy regardless.

Tilt your head down and the other guy only gets helmet and visor... Makes a big difference when half ur face is covered

Edit: I was talking in general... Not about Wright

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Tilt your head down and the other guy only gets helmet and visor... Makes a big difference when half ur face is covered

Edit: I was talking in general... Not about Wright

Called an uppercut bro.

I do see what your saying, but I don't think that's exactly what is going through their head when they drop the gloves. I can fight this guy...cuz my face is protected awe yeah.

No. They probably don't even think about that when this scenario arises.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Called an uppercut bro.

I do see what your saying, but I don't think that's exactly what is going through their head when they drop the gloves. I can fight this guy...cuz my face is protected awe yeah.

No. They probably don't even think about that when this scenario arises.

Oh im sure it makes it easier for some guys ie. Max Lapierre and Brad Marchand. Makes em feel they are a few inches taller!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Oh, no we will take someone no one has heard about.

If anyone didn't know about Mark Scheifele or Jacob Trouba (I'm assuming you're not talking about Trouba as this is a long running jab at Scheifele) going into the draft, then they really have no clue about top prospects, and shouldn't really be commenting on the drafting of a professional sports franchise.

Not directed at you gibber1600 as I am sure you knew all about Scheifele. That's just to anyone clueless about hockey prospects who hadn't heard about Scheifele before the Jets drafted him.

Unless you are talking about Sergei Bautin? But that's another story......

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Even though we lost and looked terrible I've not given up on this team yet. Its only 7 games in during a weird season. I think we should avoid panicking even if Tampa blows us out. Give it another ten or so games and I think we'll know where we stand. I still think we can fight for a playoff spot.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Looks like Noel is a bit disappointed with the team's leadership. You're tied going into the 3rd, have the lead twice, but get out-scored 5-2 in the third, against a team that is lousy and playing poorly (especially in the 3rd).

That is a game that you need to win. Plain and simple.

Losing Buff before the game was huge. I can see a bit of a let down to start. But you were winning in the 3rd (two occasions), our leaders need to close it out. Perhaps that's the biggest element we're missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad