The Michael McCarron Thread - Part II : Bigger, Stronger and Meaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
He's the the type of player that we needed for a LONG time.

After watching him last night, he HAS a mean streak and he will be a beast in the coming years.

Look at how hard he was driving the net yesterday. Impressive. On Bournival's second goal, BigMac drives the net and draw 2 dman with him, opening up the passing lane for St-Pierre. :yo:

That's what I noticed about the goal.... Big guy in front creates the goal and doesn't get a point...

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Lmao guys, do you really think this McCarron guy will fight on a regular basis? His few junior fights prove he's marshmallow soft with the gloves dropped.

He's big but that's it. He can play the shoulders but nothing more. All we have to do is hope he's got some talent.

?????? He's already had a few OHL fights? I saw one, and he did fine..certainly didn't lose. Knows how to protect himself. A little early to call him marshmallow soft.

He's got some learning to do on the fighting front as it's not been an environment he's used to, but he's a smart kid, and not afraid, and he'll have great mentors in London. Given the style of play he employs (hitting as often as he can), he will get in some scraps this season. He's big, strong, and smart enough to hold his own, perhaps even win a couple with takedowns.

I personally don't think he'll be a great and prolific fighter, but certainly not as adamant one way or another as yourself..time will tell. He looks to have enough skill to be a top six forward, and they are more valuable on the ice than in the penalty box. Lucic averages 5 or 6 fights per year..not like he's scrapping every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad