OT: The Menu Part 23 - The Tripod & Kenny McCormick Edition

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Not quite from scratch, but very quick and convenient.

1-2lbs ground beef
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can bush's chili beans in sauce. She's used black, pinto, kidney or a combination
Diced bell pepper and onion. Probably a cup each. You can get them pre-chopped too if you want to save more time.
McCormick chili seasoning.

Brown and drain the beef, throw everything in the crockpot, and let it go all day. She usually does that the night before, then just take out of the fridge and turn it on in the morning.

If you want more heat, I'd add jalapeños, but can also add some cayenne or get the spicy spice packet. Add some brown sugar if you'd like it sweeter. She rarely has to add liquid, but if it seems dry, throw some beef stock in.

Enjoy

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
As a former Wendy's Manager, I was so happy when they removed those. Man we went thru a lot of chocolate pudding.

I'd imagine that whole thing was a logistical pain in the ass for a fast food restaurant. The prep and breakdown of that station on the daily must have been a ton of fun :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd imagine that whole thing was a logistical pain in the ass for a fast food restaurant. The prep and breakdown of that station on the daily must have been a ton of fun :laugh:
Yeah we had 1 regular person who worked 11-2 every day and all they did was clean and restock it. When they were sick or needed a day off, it was chaos due to an inexperienced person doing it.

Crazy as it sounds, I often loved when I got crazy busy. I used to call It controlled chaos.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Yeah we had 1 regular person who worked 11-2 every day and all they did was clean and restock it. When they were sick or needed a day off, it was chaos due to an inexperienced person doing it.

Crazy as it sounds, I often loved when I got crazy busy. I used to call It controlled chaos.
6-10AM
6-10 every morning to get everything cut up and containered for the person who was maintaining it whether that was me or someone else if I had class. Plus I had other duties to get ready for the days service.

Chicken N Raffls

Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

As the guy who prepped that whole bar every day I worked. I was glad when it went to the salad bar only.

Hello, foodservice bros. TGI Fridays was one of two jobs I almost literally walked out on. The other was a pizza/sandwich shop. But also, some of my best work memories. I'll never not love restaurants as a work environment. There's always a story to be told

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hello, foodservice bros. TGI Fridays was one of two jobs I almost literally walked out on. The other was a pizza/sandwich shop. But also, some of my best work memories. I'll never not love restaurants as a work environment. There's always a story to be told
Worked at

DQ Thru high school
at my brother in laws ice cream/burger place in summer in university
then at Wendy's post university as a Mgr at Wendy's
Moved on around age 30

More than enough food service experience for me....lol.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Okay. This one is a splurge and a flex but with good reason. Spent a decade plus working as a retail pharmacist after graduating in 2011. Profession has been beat into submission and tomorrow is my last day. Popped the parachute and am starting a job as a manager with a nursing home in the northeast.

IMG_3123.jpeg

Wagyu flat iron, fondant potatoes, and glazed carrots. Cantillion to wash it down.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Okay. This one is a splurge and a flex but with good reason. Spent a decade plus working as a retail pharmacist after graduating in 2011. Profession has been beat into submission and tomorrow is my last day. Popped the parachute and am starting a job as a manager with a nursing home in the northeast.

View attachment 779568
Wagyu flat iron, fondant potatoes, and glazed carrots. Cantillion to wash it down.

PlaqueOff for dessert?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

You weren’t at Cafe Nhan around lunchtime yesterday were you? :laugh:

View attachment 779568

Congrats on getting out, brother. Hope it sticks.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia

View attachment 779568
If you hate yourself, there's always pharma consulting.

Pharma always needs "top" talent to help them position and market their new tenth best in class psoriasis drug. Or you can assist them in creating a new digital transformation strategy every year. The possibilities are endless!

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
If you hate yourself, there's always pharma consulting.

Pharma always needs "top" talent to help them position and market their new tenth best in class psoriasis drug. Or you can assist them in creating a new digital transformation strategy every year. The possibilities are endless!
There really isn’t much left of my soul now. So I should fit in fine.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
I don't often get into this thread, but I'm putting off things I should be doing. I had a cooking gig yesterday (how I make my living) - birthday party. This is a 3 foot diameter paella pan (I have a bigger one). Did 6 different appetizers/tapas as well.
20231209_142410.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't often get into this thread, but I'm putting off things I should be doing. I had a cooking gig yesterday (how I make my living) - birthday party. This is a 3 foot diameter paella pan (I have a bigger one). Did 6 different appetizers/tapas as well.
View attachment 780976

I would murder for that socarrat. I know it's under there waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad