OT: The Menu Part 23 - The Tripod & Kenny McCormick Edition

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
It was hard enough fending off 3 dogs to eat it in peace without trying to take a picture. Plus carryover took it to 136 and I don’t want SBA to yell at me. It was an accident. Forgive me. I usually go for 132ish.
This is one of those Chinatown moments.

I literally picture you having a super fancy meat thermometer and literally timing every part of the cooking process. So the fact that the carryover cooking bumped up the internal temperature by 4 degrees has me disappointed. But then I picture three dogs jumping all over you while cooking so I can't be to mad.

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is one of those Chinatown moments.

I literally picture you having a super fancy meat thermometer and literally timing every part of the cooking process. So the fact that the carryover cooking bumped up the internal temperature by 4 degrees has me disappointed. But then I picture three dogs jumping all over you while cooking so I can't be to mad.

My wife called to tell me she landed, so I left it on the heat too long. Priorities. :)

Reactions: Chinatown88

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Moose meatballs. Morels. Quinoa. Touch of red onion with cheese. She’s a Beaut.

IMG_1083.jpeg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Catching up from the weekend.

Tonewood is absolutely god tier. First time visiting them, went to the brewery in Barrington. What a set up.

Also stopped at Double Nickel—night and day both in the venue and the beer. That said double nickel had a case deal on their beers for sixty bucks and it included all their stout offerings so took a flyer. Will report back on those beers.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Catching up from the weekend.

Tonewood is absolutely god tier. First time visiting them, went to the brewery in Barrington. What a set up.

Also stopped at Double Nickel—night and day both in the venue and the beer. That said double nickel had a case deal on their beers for sixty bucks and it included all their stout offerings so took a flyer. Will report back on those beers.
Tonewood Barrington is definitely a booming place and great beer.

When I get sent onto 73 I tend to hit other breweries than Double Nickel mainly due to the same thoughts about the product. Dr Brewlittle in Maple Shade or Mechanical in Cherry Hill are normal stops if traffic sucks on commute home.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Tonewood Barrington is definitely a booming place and great beer.

When I get sent onto 73 I tend to hit other breweries than Double Nickel mainly due to the same thoughts about the product. Dr Brewlittle in Maple Shade or Mechanical in Cherry Hill are normal stops if traffic sucks on commute home.
I’ll remember that. It was really the first time we explored the area. Was torn on trying double nickel. Most of their hoppy stuff is just okay but loved the variant of nocturnal creatures I had previously.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’ll remember that. It was really the first time we explored the area. Was torn on trying double nickel. Most of their hoppy stuff is just okay but loved the variant of nocturnal creatures I had previously.

The only one I've had so far that I didn't like was the Chocolate Covered Pretzel. It had a smokiness that overpowered every other taste.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The only one I've had so far that I didn't like was the Chocolate Covered Pretzel. It had a smokiness that overpowered every other taste.
They had a s’mores, salted caramel cold brew and tiramisu all available. The last is my all time favorite dessert, so if they ruin what is a sure fire home run, I’m gonna be PISSED.

The economics really concern me though. Since I got four four packs of those total plus a past its season fall brown ale and an imperial red ipa all for sixty bucks. It was an advertised package deal so either the products are not good or their margins are absolute hot garbage. (Desperately hoping for the latter)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can someone explain the new Wawa snack and go’s and how it differs from a regular Wawa burrito?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Can someone explain the new Wawa snack and go’s and how it differs from a regular Wawa burrito?
looks like less customization and is smaller..plus the snack and go only seems to offer chicken

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
It really makes me sad that TH is apparently run by some of the worst humans around. Because the beer is outstanding. Grassman is a stuck on an island beer for me.
The way of the world a lot of good things have a dark side. Was the first time I found TH when I was out to eat so I grabbed a 12oz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad