Rumor: The Max Pacioretty "false alarm/for realsies/no it's not/psych, yes it is" thread (currently off)

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
I think DW could pull off both.
Package out any of the following:
Dillon
LeBlanc
Melker
Picks/players.

This is Thortons all in year..
Bring in Max Pac
Bring in Tavares

Kane-tavares-pavs
Donskoi- hertl-logan
Meier-JT-max
Sorenson-Tierney-fehr

Vlasic-Merkely
Burns-ryan
Heed- Braun

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think DW could pull off both.
Package out any of the following:
Dillon
LeBlanc
Melker
Picks/players.

This is Thortons all in year..
Bring in Max Pac
Bring in Tavares

Kane-tavares-pavs
Donskoi- hertl-logan
Meier-JT-max
Sorenson-Tierney-fehr

Vlasic-Merkely
Burns-ryan
Heed- Braun

1) Merkley isn't stepping into the lineup right away. He still needs at least a year of development just to see if the org can hammer some defensive responsibility into him.

2) The bolded.

LyVps6y.gif

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
1) Merkley isn't stepping into the lineup right away. He still needs at least a year of development just to see if the org can hammer some defensive responsibility into him.

2) The bolded.

LyVps6y.gif

These posts are the only reason I would not fret if we resigned Demelo. They make me laugh so damn hard.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Feels like the time we traded for Heatley; then didn't; then Wilson said he never even asked, then did the trade a day later because of a signing bonus debacle...

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I love people insisting on Twitter that if the Sharks acquired Pacioretty it would be for Hertl and Meier.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I love people insisting on Twitter that if the Sharks acquired Pacioretty it would be for Hertl and Meier.

Even more laughable, some had Couture going the other way.

I do fear though DW would include either Meier or Hertl. Definitely not both, but I could see him including Meier which would be a huge mistake to me.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Even more laughable, some had Couture going the other way.

I do fear though DW would include either Meier or Hertl. Definitely not both, but I could see him including Meier which would be a huge mistake to me.

I think you don't give DW enough credit here. He generally values successful draft picks of his own very highly. Meier is not far behind Pacioretty from a production standpoint right now without being given a consistent opportunity at the top of the lineup. If they deal for one year of Pacioretty, they're trading someone like Tierney or Labanc.

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
I think you don't give DW enough credit here. He generally values successful draft picks of his own very highly. Meier is not far behind Pacioretty from a production standpoint right now without being given a consistent opportunity at the top of the lineup. If they deal for one year of Pacioretty, they're trading someone like Tierney or Labanc.

When I first heard the rumors, my initial thought was LaBanc, Tierney and picks but I don't know that Montreal would bite on that. Time will tell but yes I sincerely hope DW shares your view on Meier.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I don't see Montreal trading their captain away for spare parts. It probably would take at least Meier or Hertl to make it worth it for them which is why I don't think this trade will happen. Even then I don't think they'd do it unless we add more.

Reactions: SharksAddict

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't see Montreal trading their captain away for spare parts. It probably would take at least Meier or Hertl to make it worth it for them which is why I don't think this trade will happen. Even then I don't think they'd do it unless we add more.

It's tough to give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt here. He's one of the few cases where I could be convinced that he could be convinced to take a crap trade. Galchenyuk for Domi was not a good deal.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
When I first heard the rumors, my initial thought was LaBanc, Tierney and picks but I don't know that Montreal would bite on that. Time will tell but yes I sincerely hope DW shares your view on Meier.
Montreal would be dumb if they didn't take that deal, so it probably isn't happening.

Reactions: SactoShark

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Hertl had more playoff points in 10 games this spring than Pacioretty has goals in his entire playoff career. I wouldn’t give Hertl for three Paciorettys.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
At this moment in time, the most I’d be willing to give up for MaxPac is a package of Tierney, Labanc, and a 2nd. No Hertl. No Timo. And I’m perfectly happy with a trial period without an extension. Similar to what DW did with Kane. I want to see how Max bounces back after last season and how he performs out of the spotlight of being the captain of the Montreal Canadians before committing big term and big money to him.

Reactions: SharkAttack86

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
At this moment in time, the most I’d be willing to give up for MaxPac is a package of Tierney, Labanc, and a 2nd. No Hertl. No Timo. And I’m perfectly happy with a trial period without an extension. Similar to what DW did with Kane. I want to see how Max bounces back after last season and how he performs out of the spotlight of being the captain of the Montreal Canadians before committing big term and big money to him.
I wouldn't even want him. He's a left winger. We have Kane and Couture both making significant money and a 21 year old Meier who is excelling at LW. Why in the world would we need Max Pac for one year? To even keep him would cost so much more money than what Labanc or Meier are going to cost combined on their next contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad