Rumor: The Max Pacioretty "false alarm/for realsies/no it's not/psych, yes it is" thread (currently off)

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
this seems to happen ... theres a big rumor involving the sharks that turns out false and the sharks make some other big move.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
He's only making 4.5M this year and most likely a roster player is going that way. Honestly might only add 2M to our cap after the dust settles.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
He's only making 4.5M this year and most likely a roster player is going that way. Honestly might only add 2M to our cap after the dust settles.

We need to shed further salary to fit Tavares, Hertl and Thornton under the cap. Adding even $100k would adversely affect our chances to land Tavares at this point. DW isn't going to do anything that jeopardizes Tavares, not with him making it to the negotiating period and DW having spent the past week clearing cap space.

Reactions: Sleestack

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
We need to shed further salary to fit Tavares, Hertl and Thornton under the cap. Adding even $100k would adversely affect our chances to land Tavares at this point. DW isn't going to do anything that jeopardizes Tavares, not with him making it to the negotiating period and DW having spent the past week clearing cap space.

Getting him doesnt jeopardize a Tavares signing at all, but that would be the money going Jumbos way.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Getting him doesnt jeopardize a Tavares signing at all, but that would be the money going Jumbos way.

Absolutely not worth adding another winger at the cost of losing out on Thornton either. Only realistic MaxPac scenario I can think of would have to be Tierney, Dillon and Karlsson for Pacioretty and Mike Reilly ($725k 3rd pair LD to replace Dillon). That would open up some interesting trade possibilities with Timo Meier too. Anyway this clearly isn't happening.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah but why were the Sharks linked then?
Probably saw them taking. We trade for a late every year. Shortly after this broke, we traded for a 7th.

Patch has been "confirmed" traded like 3 times in the past two days. LA, NYI, and notes SJS.

Jul 10, 2010

In general, GMs will say “we’re not involved with them” when asked about trade rumors. Clear there was some smoke.

straight conspiracy theroy

what if one of the main pieces involved in the MaxPac deal was Tierney/Braun and once Carolina completed the Hamilton deal, DW realized Faulk would be dealt and is instead gonna move those guys for Faulk

the timing would fit, along with the need of Faulk to pair with Vlasic

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
straight conspiracy theroy

what if one of the main pieces involved in the MaxPac deal was Tierney/Braun and once Carolina completed the Hamilton deal, DW realized Faulk would be dealt and is instead gonna move those guys for Faulk

the timing would fit, along with the need of Faulk to pair with Vlasic

So weird haha that little "rumor" double broke HFB. But every other analyst had literally a different confirmation about Patches moving/not moving. DW said mehhhhh maybe its happening, that means yes. While no one else said it was happening? Faulk scares me

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Part of me is relieved this didn’t go through and part of me is disappointed. I’m worried that we would have given up Hertl or Meier which I think would be a mistake, but on the other hand Pacioretty is a legitimate 30 goal scorer at a reasonable cap hit. He would look great in this offense.

Regardless, I’m really curious why this rumored deal fell apart. I hope we get more information on what happened here.

Im fine with him as long as hes the back up back up plan. Believe hes way over valued playing for the Canadians but I do like his game.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What's the consensus on Pacioretty coming here as a possibility? Is it someone we want if the price is right?

If he's really cheap, sure, after Tavares lands wherever he lands. But I don't really think his 10 goals in 38 playoff games is something I'm willing to pay for.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
What's the consensus on Pacioretty coming here as a possibility? Is it someone we want if the price is right?

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005

The general consensus seems to be that it would be great since he's a much needed goal scorer but not at the cost of potential bigger, more expensive fish(Tavares).

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
The general consensus seems to be that it would be great since he's a much needed goal scorer but not at the cost of potential bigger, more expensive fish(Tavares).

Yeah I agree for sure and definitely not at the cost of either Hertl or Meier IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad