Rumor: The Max Pacioretty "false alarm/for realsies/no it's not/psych, yes it is" thread (currently off)

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
I wouldn't even want him. He's a left winger. We have Kane and Couture both making significant money and a 21 year old Meier who is excelling at LW. Why in the world would we need Max Pac for one year? To even keep him would cost so much more money than what Labanc or Meier are going to cost combined on their next contracts.
I wasn’t saying that I wanted him. I was just commenting on what I would give up for him. It was a response to the ridiculous rumor of a Hertl and Timo package. I agree that we’re set at LW. We need to focus on a high end Center, RD, and RW before worrying about another LW.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I don't see Montreal trading their captain away for spare parts. It probably would take at least Meier or Hertl to make it worth it for them which is why I don't think this trade will happen. Even then I don't think they'd do it unless we add more.

I don't see them getting more than Tierney and a mid to low round pick. Pac is only signed for one more year and I seriously doubt he's resigning with the Habs. He's likely got one foot out the door already.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Canadiens' Bergevin came close to hitting all marks during draft weekend - Sportsnet.ca
Habs almost traded him to the Islanders, they would have apparently gotten O'Reilly from a threeway trade. The stated reason it didn't go through was when their first came up a player was there that they liked, but I'm wondering if DW called with a "so good it's not true" offer then later pulled it to keep the Isles from getting Patches. Could explain the rumors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad