Pre-Game Talk: The march of the Penguins in Ottawa, Thurs 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Given the Penguins injuries I hope we come out flying.

More than anything though I want us to destroy the Habs this weekend in their barn.
Andy is going to stand on his head

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pittsburgh injuries: Trevor Daley (knee), Jake Guentzel (concussion), Carl Hagelin (lower-body), Ron Hainsey (upper-body), Kris Letang (upper-body), Olli Maatta (hand), Evgeni Malkin (upper-body), Bryan Rust (upper-body), Tom Sestito (upper-body)

Look at the quality of players injured ... crazy depth.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What the Pens lack in skill right now they make up for in heart.

I think the key to this game is scoring first.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Most of the pre-game talk is always about Boro. That's right a 6th Dman owns much of the discussion. Smh jesus christ he's not THAT bad. If he was, he'd a healthy scratch plenty of times by now.

Like Boucher says, he's a HEAT SEEKING MISSILE.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Malkin is injured again? He's like their own Logan Brown. :sarcasm:

Blocked a shot with his shoulder. No idea how long he will be out.

Guentzel out is going to hurt the 1st line. Crosby, Sheary and himself have shown crazy chemistry. Kunitz will most likely take his spot leaving a huge hole.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I'd be okay with a point out of this game but with Pittsburgh down two of their top players, a win isn't outside the realm of reason.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
BorO is a lower end 7 while Claesson is a higher end 6th people should be pissed when the Sens handicap themselves

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pittsburgh,s weakness is their blueline ,their forwards however are so very good they carry a pretty average or less than average top 4

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
BorO is a lower end 7 while Claesson is a higher end 6th people should be pissed when the Sens handicap themselves

basically this, it may take up discussion but if we are scratching a better player consistently then it warrants a discussion as to why

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Most of the pre-game talk is always about Boro. That's right a 6th Dman owns much of the discussion. Smh jesus christ he's not THAT bad. If he was, he'd a healthy scratch plenty of times by now.

Like Boucher says, he's a HEAT SEEKING MISSILE.

It's hard to understand why so many on here seem to think that if Boro was out of the lineup this team would win more games. They seem to have been in second place for a good portion of this yr with Boro in the lineup most games & still they hate on him. I doubt with Claesson in the lineup all yr, if they would be any better, it really is a moot point but their persistent. I just don't see a huge upgrade with Claesson, the slight upgrade you get in skill level you lose in physicality, I guess it comes down to what you prefer more in the lineup. I prefer toughness in that position.

Malkin is injured again? He's like their own Logan Brown. :sarcasm:

Man, if Brown can be anywhere near or half as good as Malkin Ottawa has a lot to look forward to. Logan is close friends with a friend of mine's son here in Ottawa & from what I understand it's going to be between the ears with him & whether he has the desire & work ethic to become a star, he certainly has the skill.

Oh yea, that makes a huge difference with the team. However, the coach seems to prefer the tougher player in the lineup over the 6th higher end defenceman.
:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad