OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The original movie is in Italian.
I’m sorry. I should’ve been more specific.

Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War​

It’s a recap of US/Russia and goes through the history of Communism, the bomb, WW II, the Cold War, Cuban Missle Crisis, Reaganism, The fall & rise of communism…

A nice high level view of the 20th century and the bomb. Goes into Putin’s rise to power as well.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’m sorry. I should’ve been more specific.

Turning Point: The Bomb and the Cold War​

It’s a recap of US/Russia and goes through the history of Communism, the bomb, WW II, the Cold War, Cuban Missle Crisis, Reaganism, The fall & rise of communism…

A nice high level view of the 20th century and the bomb. Goes into Putin’s rise to power as well.
Do they paint the red guys as the bad guys and the blue red and white as the heroes ?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Do they paint the red guys as the bad guys and the blue red and white as the heroes ?
Nope. It’s pretty cool.

It takes you through the history of communism. The theory behind it and how it came about. It also goes into the McArthy trials, talks about some of the huge mistakes of the CIA… The part of Kruschev I thought was pretty interesting.

For me it’s mostly recap. But my kids have often asked me about history in the 20th century and I’ve given them some overviews on it. This is a nice high level overview and I sit and explain things to my son as the show goes on.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Dont know where to post this

I still got 300+ CAD gift card on NHLshop(canada only) and I dont know what to do with it.

I'd sell it with a 20% discount if I could. There are some site in the US where you can do that but I dont anything for NHLshop in Canada.

Any people interested or have ideas?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dont know where to post this

I still got 300+ CAD gift card on NHLshop(canada only) and I dont know what to do with it.

I'd sell it with a 20% discount if I could. There are some site in the US where you can do that but I dont anything for NHLshop in Canada.

Any people interested or have ideas?
Use it to buy some stuff and then put it on Ebay.

Reactions: danyhabsfan

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, broadly speaking, that's true. Not defending the horrible shit the U.S. has done but Americans are amateurs compared to the horrors Russia/Communism has and is still inflicting
The Americans are repeatedly criticized for a lot of the crap they did in this as well.

It’s not comprehensive- the show completely skips Carter doesn’t go into details on the Vietnam or Korean wars… but it’s a high level overview and worth seeing.

Reactions: windycity

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
The Americans are repeatedly criticized for a lot of the crap they did in this as well.

It’s not comprehensive- the show completely skips Carter doesn’t go into details on the Vietnam or Korean wars… but it’s a high level overview and worth seeing.
Oh yeah, definitely going to check it out. I'm not apologizing for the US but Russia/Communism has been significantly worse.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Yeah living in the Soviet Union was a picnic - would you have rather lived in the US or the Soviet Union in the 20th century? Did the US intentionally starve 10M people like Stalin did during the Holodomar? The US rebuilt western Europe after WW2 and then basically left. Russia kept Eastern Europe under its boot for 40+ years and violently crushed any dissent under a police state (Hungary 56, CR 68, etc) including mass deportations (Baltic states) until their system collapsed economically and they couldn't hold on (course Putin is now trying to reassemble it). Not to mention crushing dissent at home.

LMAO indeed

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know it’s junky… and wrong.

But Cadbury Easter Cream Eggs are awesome. I may have to get me one this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad