OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Discuss how to get rid of fruit flies here. Or more @Mrb1p drama.
Maybe it's time to clean up and return all those refundable bottles and cans kept in the locker since March? :sarcasm:

I did it a couple months ago with the bottles. It took me some time because most places around me either did not accept any returns (even when they were told to resume their activities) or made you wait in line for a while and on specific hours only. I have to admit that when everything was closed (or offered very limited access) a lot of cans found their way to the regular recycling bin though. Every week there are people passing on my street collecting refundable bottles so I often give mine to them. I wonder what they did last spring when merchants didn't accept any returns.

I had an issue with fruit flies that kept reappearing this summer which got fixed by replacing my kitchen garbage bin. Even cleaning the old one again and again did not help, seems like it would have needed a steam cleaner.

These days I deal mostly with a few spiders a week, they are harmless anyway. One of my cats looooves to chase them. They often hide in hard-to-reach corners, I use the cat as an extension... it looks ridiculous but it works and prevents me hsving to climb on a chair!

/tranchedevie

Reactions: cphabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe it's time to clean up and return all those refundable bottles and cans kept in the locker since March? :sarcasm:

I did it a couple months ago with the bottles. It took me some time because most places around me either did not accept any returns (even when they were told to resume their activities) or made you wait in line for a while and on specific hours only. I have to admit that when everything was closed (or offered very limited access) a lot of cans found their way to the regular recycling bin though. Every week there are people passing on my street collecting refundable bottles so I often give mine to them. I wonder what they did last spring when merchants didn't accept any returns.

I had an issue with fruit flies that kept reappearing this summer which got fixed by replacing my kitchen garbage bin. Even cleaning the old one again and again did not help, seems like it would have needed a steam cleaner.

These days I deal mostly with a few spiders a week, they are harmless anyway. One of my cats looooves to chase them. They often hide in hard-to-reach corners, I use the cat as an extension... it looks ridiculous but it works and prevents me hsving to climb on a chair!

/tranchedevie
Cool story dave

Didnt read but cool story

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
ever since i've moved in my own appartment, i haven't had fruit flies issues even with fruits (notably bananas) on the counter

makes u think

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

/tranchedevie
Hey man, sometimes they don't even have a source it seems like
They just manifest
Evil, evil creatures

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
an9a2hu.png

Reactions: Jee, Mrb1p and TRG

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lul

Nah mais en vrai même s'il a pris du poids en vieillissant, il a un beau visage, il est certainement moins laid que ce qu'il croit. Son manque de confiance en soi est triste je trouve.
Meanwhile you have certified uglies like Harry running around thinking theyre the jewish reincarnation of appolon :sarcasm:

(I dont know if Harrys Jewish but in my head he is)

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Lul

Nah mais en vrai même s'il a pris du poids en vieillissant, il a un beau visage, il est certainement moins laid que ce qu'il croit. Son manque de confiance en soi est triste je trouve.

You saw Zaide?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad