May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Fodder for the lines discussion:

Alan May @MayHockeyCSN
If #Caps are healthy, here's my top 6;

92-19-8
90-65-43

What's yours?

Edit: All right, we talk about lines enough, let's have a thread about it, yeah?

Last edited:

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009

Alan May @MayHockeyCSN

92-19-8
90-65-43

What's yours?
I'm all for giving 92 time on the top line. Is he suggesting Ovi back at RW?

That 2nd line is young. I'd be willing to give them a run and see how it goes. It can't make the top 6 any less effective, that's for sure.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I don't think Kuznetsov has done enough to warrant a spot on the top line, and yes, I understand his linemates haven't been ideal.

Although, I wouldn't mind a promotion if it meant getting away from the Kuznetsov at C experiment.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'm all for giving 92 time on the top line. Is he suggesting Ovi back at RW?

That 2nd line is young. I'd be willing to give them a run and see how it goes. It can't make the top 6 any less effective, that's for sure.

He is, in fact, suggesting that - at least it looks that way to me.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Alan May @MayHockeyCSN

92-19-8
90-65-43

What's yours?

Clearly, Alan May does not know what he's talking about :p. Kuz moving up? To the 1st line? Soft complement to 8 & 19? Instead of the Kwisatz Haderach of top line resuscitation projects? Unthinkable!!

(Half)-joking aside, it would be interesting to see Wilson with 65 and 90, as well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
so Alan May throws a grenade into the room. Ov back on RW? really? two rookies and 90 on a line? really? no thanks

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Ovechkin - Johansson - Green
Burakovsky - Backstrom - Kuznetsov
Brouwer - Laich - Wilson
Chimera - Latta - Ward
Fehr

Alzner - Carlson
Orpik - Niskanen
Schmidt - Orlov

Copley
Vanecek

:sarcasm:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Ovechkin - Johansson - Green
Burakovsky - Backstrom - Kuznetsov
Brouwer - Laich - Wilson
Chimera - Latta - Ward
Fehr

Alzner - Carlson
Orpik - Niskanen
Schmidt - Orlov

Copley
Vanecek

:sarcasm:

Green doesn't hit the boards hard enough thus he can't play winger because all high end scoring forwards hit the boards hard. If he's moving to forward we should slot him in a 4C. :sarcasm:

Burakovsky95*

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Fehr
Johansson - Burakovsky - Wilson
Brouwer - Kuznetsov - Ward
Chimera - Latta - Brown/O'Brien/Laich

I'm all for first line Kuzya though

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
If we're going to move Kuzy up, I'd like to see him replace Brouwer on the 2nd line for a few games. I don't think Trotz would do that because he wants a 'heavy' on every line and Brouwer is that guy for the 2nd line. I think the 2nd line plays a more skilled game, so perhaps he would fit there.

Burakovsky95*

If we're going to move Kuzy up, I'd like to see him replace Brouwer on the 2nd line for a few games. I don't think Trotz would do that because he wants a 'heavy' on every line and Brouwer is that guy for the 2nd line. I think the 2nd line plays a more skilled game, so perhaps he would fit there.

The 65-92 connection will one day be united

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything

I like combos that put Kuz on the 3rd line and give him some wingers that can cycle the puck. I'd be interesting to see what he could do with Chimmer too as Chimmer is on the rush alot because of his speed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

there are a lot of reasons why these lines won't happen, but lets start with that Beagle isn't even listed.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wilson
Johansson-Burakovsky-Brouwer
Chimera-Beagle-Ward
Laich-Kuznetsov-Fehr

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Chimera-Beagle-Ward
Laich-Kuznetsov-Fehr

I like this, except flip the bottom 6 lines and make the 4th Fehr-Laich-Kuznetsov. Fehr is a better LW and Kuzya a better RW.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I like this, except flip the bottom 6 lines and make the 4th Fehr-Laich-Kuznetsov. Fehr is a better LW and Kuzya a better RW.

Well if not playing Kuznetsov at center is an option my lines would all likely be different but unfortunately at this point anyway I don't see that as an actual realistic option. I'd prefer him on the right side also though.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Chimera-Beagle-Ward
Laich-Kuznetsov-Fehr
That's not a bad looking lineup, with quite a bit of skill on the 4th line. I'd like to see them swap Kuz with Beagle, but I'd be OK with giving those lines a shot. If they keep Kuz on 4, hopefully Trotz will give them a little more ice time than they've been getting. They would probably be a mismatch for most other 4th lines around the league.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That's not a bad looking lineup, with quite a bit of skill on the 4th line. I'd like to see them swap Kuz with Beagle, but I'd be OK with giving those lines a shot. If they keep Kuz on 4, hopefully Trotz will give them a little more ice time than they've been getting. They would probably be a mismatch for most other 4th lines around the league.

those were the lines last night and the game before at least. except for brown and latta in the slot laich is noted in

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
those were the lines last night and the game before at least. except for brown and latta in the slot laich is noted in
So not the same. If Laich is back, I can see some clamoring for him to be higher in the lineup. I'd like to see him on 4 so he and his awesome PKing can be well rested and not clogging up a higher line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad