The Last Of Us Part II

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ellie being the main character is a great idea.

When I first heard about this I thought it was a bit silly because there isn't any room for Joel's character to grow.

Finding this out has me reassured. Definitely getting this day one.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
My body and mind are ready. The game play was great, but what made the first so incredible was the voice acting, writing and story telling. I've never seen a game ending as compelling as in the last of us.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
At the very earliest holidays 2018. Most likely in 2019.

I really think this was too early to show off a trailer like this, but man was it awesome. I thought they were going to show it off at E3 next year, but I guess not...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
At the very earliest holidays 2018. Most likely in 2019.

I really think this was too early to show off a trailer like this, but man was it awesome. I thought they were going to show it off at E3 next year, but I guess not...

Not really sure what the downside to it is.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I skipped a whole gen of gaming and when I came back and bought a PS4 it came with The Last Of Us. It was the first game that got be back into gaming and what a ride it was

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Although we know The Last of Us Part 2 will be written by Neil Druckmann, it’s now been confirmed he won’t be doing it alone. Naughty Dog brought on the talent of Halley Gross to co-write the game’s story.

Gross has writing an acting credits in many TV shows and movies, but most recently, she co-wrote two episodes of HBO’s Westworld. She shared her excitement on Twitter as the new game was being announced.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/05/the-last-of-us-part-2-story-is-co-written-by-a-westworld-writer/

As a Westworld fan...omg... and yea she was just a co-writer but Westworld storyline is awesome. Only can be a positive thing.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well they've probably been working on the game for at least a year now. They even said they filmed the teaser trailer months ago. But most likely late 2018 is when the game comes out

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
Best, most harrowing game i've played (witcher 3 came close). Got it first when it came to ps3 played it trough and second time when it came to ps4.

I think it's about 1-2 years from release and that's fine. What i gather from everything i've red about part II is that Joel is gone somewhere, i mean it would be a bit silly to play with 19 year old girl when there a grown man who does nothing (assuming the gameplay is anything like the first one).. So i think there are few options that came to my mind:

A: Ellie has heard the news (about what happened in firefly compound) and has part ways with Joel

B: Joel is dead and Ellie is imagining him :(

C: Joel is captured, or hurt etc. Ellie is on a mission to find him..

D: You play as Ellie and Joel just strolls there doing nothing --- I think this is quite silly..

Obviously there are a lot of scenarios how the game could pan out, but i find it hard to be like the first one with only Joel is now following Ellie like a defenseless girl :)

Anyways, looking forward to play this and it's a must buy for me.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
A lot of people are suspecting Joel is dead and is in Ellie's head. Probably similar to what they did in Batman Arkham Knight with The Joker

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was kind of hoping for a game in the same universe but with different characters, but I'll trust Naughty Dog to do this justice. I always worried a bit about a sequel with Joel and Ellie just because that whole story was tied up so well in the first game. Not that everything was tied up with a neat bow or anything, but the questions that the game left the player with felt like an artistic choice, and it fit well.

Joel's character arc was done very well, and as another poster mentioned, he doesn't really seem to have room to grow. Probably means it will be mostly centered around Ellie, but we'll see.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Joel's character arc was done very well, and as another poster mentioned, he doesn't really seem to have room to grow. Probably means it will be mostly centered around Ellie, but we'll see.

There's always the possibility that he'll be included only to not make it through the story this time around. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad