The last few games you beat and rate them III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
He did say PS4, and the PS4 version does have a few glitches of its own.

I got the PC version and it was completely unplayable. Still is, as far as I know.

Although my buddy claimed he only had a few minor issues on PC. Mine would crash like nobody's business.

Still really want to finish the trilogy though. Maybe one day I'll pick it up on PS4 if there's a good sale (that I happen to notice).

yup it was the ps4 version. Have currently restarted playing it and I am at 47% completion. At least I know what not to do and where not to go this time :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
yup it was the ps4 version. Have currently restarted playing it and I am at 47% completion. At least I know what not to do and where not to go this time :laugh:

I wish you the best of luck!

Warner Bros and Rocksteady get no love from me for how they released that game and then never fixed it...on any platform, but especially PC.

Fortunately I got my copy for free, so I wasn't too upset at its inability to run properly. Unfortunately, it also means I can't slap them in the face with a refund request on Steam. :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
This Is the Police (PC)

A highly intriguing concept with a mediocre at best implementation.

The voice acting is also mediocre, but the story line is actually interesting...at first. You play as an aging police chief being forced into retirement. It's dark, gritty, and a bit disturbing.

Unfortunately, while the game gives you choices, they don't really seem to matter. You're basically along for the same ride with a few different bumps along the way.

Overall, it's a solid management game. I do think the events that you have to deal with would have been better served if they were more randomized, but that's a minor complaint.

6/10

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
This Is the Police (PC)

A highly intriguing concept with a mediocre at best implementation.

The voice acting is also mediocre, but the story line is actually interesting...at first. You play as an aging police chief being forced into retirement. It's dark, gritty, and a bit disturbing.

Unfortunately, while the game gives you choices, they don't really seem to matter. You're basically along for the same ride with a few different bumps along the way.

Overall, it's a solid management game. I do think the events that you have to deal with would have been better served if they were more randomized, but that's a minor complaint.

6/10

You finished it? I got bored after 4+ hours (according to Steam). Never picked it up again.
Good idea, decent execution, way too repetetive.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Borderlands

8/10 for the game, -100/10 for the lame ending.

Liked the atmosphere and graphics; the Heavy Metal Magazine thing is cool as hell. Too bad they left out the bouncing boobs, though. Gotta say after my first playthrough I'm still wondering about the story behind the game, but it's FPS fun without too much frustration and inventory management.

The planet Pandora however is just a complete wonder. Everywhere you go, there are endless boxes, washing machines, lockers, vending machines, dumpsters, chests and containers with an equally endless variety of guns and ammo in them. Maybe it's set in the far future where the NRA took over the universe and ordered parking lots full of guns to be dropped all over the surface of this planet, I dunno. Most of the lockers have stacks of money in them, too. It's so odd...all the NPCs seem downright suicidal but all they'd have to do to leave is just walk around scooping up all the free money that's literally all around them.

You know you've played this game too much when you find yourself compulsively rummaging around in boxes beside the dumpster behind your building in search of stacks of twenties.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
You finished it? I got bored after 4+ hours (according to Steam). Never picked it up again.
Good idea, decent execution, way too repetetive.

I actually hit a similar wall early on, powered through it, and ended up enjoying myself.

Unfortunately, it really tapered off near the end...and then the ending itself resolved NOTHING.

Steam says I played 25 hours, but it was actually closer to the 20-22 range. Left it running for awhile. That was after restarting at an earlier checkpoint a few times after getting most of my squad killed on multiple occasions. :laugh:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
DOOM

9 out of 10

Doom's campaign is magical the ONLY reason it doesn't get a 10 is the difficulty spike on the last boss, if you play this on the hardest setting you WILL NOT beat it, it CAN NOT be done in the hardest setting and I am convinced of that.

This spider will beat your ass unless you lower the difficulty like I had to do and I have never done that before.

The rest of it is doable even on the hardest setting but that final boss will murder you

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Broforce - 9/10 - good, but frustrating, fun. Wish that unlocking bros never ended.

Undertale - 10/10 - finally got around to this one. Loved it. Got the true pacifist ending, and I'm going to try to keep the urge to go back and do a genocide run out of my head for as long as possible. Soundtrack was as killer as I'd been lead to believe (and from the tracks I listened to ahead of time).

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Saints Row IV - PS4 Edition -

It's the exact same game it was on PS3. Remaster, I don't see, ever. AT all. It looks the same, and plays the same. Luckily it's fun, always has been. Played it for the Saints Save Christmas DLC at Christmas time - and it was fun but short.

8/10

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 - 8/10
Uncharted 4 PS4 - 9/10

Slight edge to Rise of the Tomb Raider's gameplay. Combat, and platforming seemed a bit tighter and cleaner. Slightly larger edge to Uncharted's overall presentation. How it looked, the story, the how seamlessly it all flowed.

Honestly though, not a lot to chose between the two. I enjoyed both of them a great deal.

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ 6/10 Binding of Isaac is a game I have been playing on and off since it came out. It's my go to game to play while watching TV as it doesn't require much focus and a run can be done in ~30-40 minutes or so. To say I've put a lot of hours into this game would be an understatement (literally 2000+ on my steam account although a few hundred of those are probably while the game sat idle). This new expansion I've found mildly disappointing. Doesn't feel like a lot of new content was added. The good news is that they've added official mod support with this expansion and I guess the developers are going to be releasing booster packs with community suggestions every month? So I'm hoping that in a couple months time their will be some cool mods and some new additions to make the expansion really worth while.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
BAK_Sshot001.jpg

Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum - PS4

Just as badass as it was in 2009. I think I first played it on PS3 in maybe 2010, because I wasn't a big superhero or comic fan. But it was awesome at the time. Flash forward 7 years and my son is a huge superhero fan, and especially Batman, So I've watched hours of movies, videos and played many games with him from Lego Batman to Imaginext Batman toys to building Batman LEGO.

Going back to the game, I have a new appreciation for the game, and the story - and all the characters. All the Riddler trophies to be found, and all the audio tapes. I understand why people gave it a perfect score in 2009. I think I would have rated it a 9 or 9.5 at the time, but not the perfect score it got.

I will now:

10/10

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
FFX Remaster - 9/10. I loved the additional content and I am glad they gave a choice for the music to use either the new or the original version. I was hoping that in the remaster they would have added stuff to Blitzball to make it playable past the point of getting Wakkas ultimate weapon. Maybe some secret additional teams that are actually difficult? Otherwise just as solid of a game as when it was released 16 years ago.

Infinite Warfare - 1/10. Absolute ass. I would rather cut off my toe with an olive fork that play this pile of garbage ever again.

Pokemon SoulSilver & HeartGold - 8.5/10. I loved all the additions they made to the games. I know they are older but I finally got around to playing them. I enjoyed the whole Pokeathelon thing as well as the updates to the battle tower. The dual battles were also nice.

Super Mario Run - 5/10. Really fun at first but the levels take all of a minute to beat and there are only 6 different ones. After that it becomes a monotonous replay to collect the different color coins and it just gets aggravating.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
The Witcher 3:(including both expansions) 8/10
Most of the quests were fairly boring.
The main storyline, especially the blood and wine expansion was fantastic though.
The graphics were also amazing! Between the 2 that's why I gave it an 8. Felt extremely that little you did in the world had any real impact. You could enter a town as a nobody, complete all the quests rescuing half the people.. and walk out still a nobody. I don't finish a lot of games, but this was one I felt compelled to do so because of the main story.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

I finished it on PS4 and the game was an easy 8/10 for me. Story was great, world was outsanding, the best one on PS4 at the time. The only downside was the batmobile, after a couple of fights I was already tired of it and I never used it outside of when it was mandatory.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I finished it on PS4 and the game was an easy 8/10 for me. Story was great, world was outsanding, the best one on PS4 at the time. The only downside was the batmobile, after a couple of fights I was already tired of it and I never used it outside of when it was mandatory.

Ya I am back on it again, sitting at 68% complete right now. I have been enjoying it and will give it a solid 7.5/10. fun game, just hope I don't come across any other glitches ramping it up.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Mass Effect - My third attempt at a playthrough and I finally beat it. I just got bored the first time, the second time I screwed up and

[spoil]couldnt save Wrex. He was my favourite character[/spoil]

so I rage quit. This time I planned ahead to avoid that and pushed through it. The thing is I dont feel compelled to do any sidequests in this game at all (and this has extended to Mass Effect 2). Thats odd for me, in terms of RPGs.

I'd probably rate it 8.5./10

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
First time, I did the same thing regarding your second playthrough rage quit. :laugh:

Fortunately, I had a save an hour or so back.

I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Mass Effect there is, but I'll tell you I don't think the side quests are super interesting. The strength of the series is absolutely in the main story line and the companion character side plots.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
First time, I did the same thing regarding your second playthrough rage quit. :laugh:

Fortunately, I had a save an hour or so back.

I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Mass Effect there is, but I'll tell you I don't think the side quests are super interesting. The strength of the series is absolutely in the main story line and the companion character side plots.

I think that's the difference between ME2 and the other two games.

I felt that ME1 and ME3 were pretty tightly focused on the main objective whereas ME2 was a bit of a travelogue through the ME universe to recruit your team.

ME2 in my mind was mostly sidequests. The Collectors represent a handful of missions at most. While you had to travel around in ME1 and ME3, there was still this overarching goal that you were continuously working towards.

Not better or worse I guess, just different.

I will admit that the sidequests in ME1 are pretty terrible. Usually it's "go to this building with a bunch of containers in it and kill some stuff."

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Titanfall 2 (PC) 9/10

I was really impressed by the campaign in this game. It has striking similarities to the chaos of a CoD campaign, but (at least IMO) far more interesting and entertaining. The story line is fairly generic sci-fi fare, but it is propped up by the fantastic presentation. The amount that I enjoyed it surprised me.

The mobility of the multiplayer carries over very well to the campaign, which even includes some well put together and nerve-wracking jumping puzzles. As always, the titan combat is just pure, unadulterated fun and you always feel like a badass. The titan-on-titan boss battles were great. Fast paced, edge-of-your-seat combat that I had an absolute blast with.

My only disappointment with the single player was the length was a bit on the short side (around 5-6 hours tops). On the other hand, I guess it's a compliment to the quality that I wanted more. A lot more.

The multiplayer side is the main focus of the game, and it is a ton of fun. It's crazy, twitchy chaos with awesome mech battles. I always have a blast playing it....when I can find a match.

And therein lies multiplayer's greatest weakness - lack of a player base (at least on PC). Queues can take a very long time and you tend to play against a lot of familiar faces when you do play - making matchmaking exceptionally difficult.

As such, I can't recommend the game at full price despite no fault of its own, really. I would wholeheartedly recommend this game to anyone if multiplayer availability wasn't such an issue or if the campaign was longer. At a discount, it's probably worth it for the campaign alone, honestly.

Far and away my favourite shooter of 2016 (although I didn't get a chance to play DOOM yet - I hear that's great).

I salivated at the thought of a true single player campaign in the original Titanfall, and it ended up great. I think next time around (if there is a next time - not sure how sales did) they should focus on the single player. There's a fantastic game there, and it has a lot more potential yet.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Borderlands

8/10 for the game, -100/10 for the lame ending.

Liked the atmosphere and graphics; the Heavy Metal Magazine thing is cool as hell. Too bad they left out the bouncing boobs, though. Gotta say after my first playthrough I'm still wondering about the story behind the game, but it's FPS fun without too much frustration and inventory management.

The planet Pandora however is just a complete wonder. Everywhere you go, there are endless boxes, washing machines, lockers, vending machines, dumpsters, chests and containers with an equally endless variety of guns and ammo in them. Maybe it's set in the far future where the NRA took over the universe and ordered parking lots full of guns to be dropped all over the surface of this planet, I dunno. Most of the lockers have stacks of money in them, too. It's so odd...all the NPCs seem downright suicidal but all they'd have to do to leave is just walk around scooping up all the free money that's literally all around them.

You know you've played this game too much when you find yourself compulsively rummaging around in boxes beside the dumpster behind your building in search of stacks of twenties.

Just saw this now: If you liked Borderlands, you MUST play Borderlands 2. It is a far superior game and almost perfect. It did what Borderlands did better then Borderlands, and fixed the problems Borderlands had. Its one of my favourite games ever. Skip Borderlands the Pre-sequel though. It was made by a different company and just doesnt have the magic that BL2 has.

Last edited:

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Mafia 3 - 7/10

Would get a hire rating if it wasn't for the bugs I encountered, nothing too serious. Just some markers would not appear, or I'd be floating in mid air and the second I'd move my character he'd fall to his death. Bugs aside, probably the best game I've played this gen. Really great story.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Mafia 3 - 7/10

Would get a hire rating if it wasn't for the bugs I encountered, nothing too serious. Just some markers would not appear, or I'd be floating in mid air and the second I'd move my character he'd fall to his death. Bugs aside, probably the best game I've played this gen. Really great story.

YES. Exactly what I thought but I was too afraid to say it :laugh:. Wouldn't go over too well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad