Confirmed with Link: The koala has been fired!! Todd McLellan fired, Jim Hiller named Interim Head Coach

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
appearently todd was a good assistant coach, but holy g is he a failure as a head coach.
its my great hope that the new guy, whoever he is, junks the present system and institutes a new one that gives younger players more playing time and involvement.
got some hope for arty sticking around too.
this is this most positive ive felt about the team for a while

JJDrums

Oct 27, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
Hope no desperate trades trying to get to the playoffs are forthcoming.

Maybe sell off a few pieces (Roy, Lizotte, Arvidsson) and look to building the teams prospect pool and developing players.

Reactions: Kudelski37

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I am a bit sad as I have said in the past I like 80% of Todd. He implemented a good system, got players to buy in, seemed to be respected by players, good with media etc etc. But its that 20% I felt he lacked that separate's winners from losers. The in game adjustments and the relying on and overuse of a small group of players seemed to be major flaws. It was indeed time to move on.

I am not sure if he had control on who he got to use to construct the roster. Did he maybe covet Turcotte but got told to use JAD instead? These things I don't know.

All I know is we are not a cup contender this year but we are a good team with a few players other teams may covet.

I hope Hiller is allowed to or wants to give the youth more opportunity. Its time to let the elder segment the next generation. There is still a lot of good hockey left in Anze and Drew, lets just dial back the minutes to keep them running at prime conditioning. You don't use a 65 Mustang as a daily driver, you pick the days and spots to use it and let the tires shred.

Time to re-coup some major assets from Roy and get Clarke in the line-up. I am looking to have the team ready to compete next year, not this year. Any thing this year is gravy. Lizotte and Grundstrum can be traded off as well. Let the kids play. Hopefully this coach sees it the same way and hopefully we can save Kaliyev in the process. Saying that I am all for a hockey trade youth for youth that brings in some skilled muscle. Crouse, Tippett, types.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
All the memories come flooding back about Lisa Dillman writing how great he'd be for the young players

Reactions: psych3man

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It's Blakes one & only move available to him. As a desperate guy, he HAd to do something. He has no cap space and hardly any assets to trade to make a big difference. Plus, if you are going to do something, this is the time to do it.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Ummm, did they even think to consult GBH or Axel on this?
1706893333346.png
1706893352818.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad