Confirmed with Link: The koala has been fired!! Todd McLellan fired, Jim Hiller named Interim Head Coach

bland

Jul 1, 2004
In my expertise as a lefty bear league defenseman. I love playing my off side more than the left side. I'm goofy tho. My strong hand is always high on the stick and my weak hand is low.

Just plain goofy overall.

I always found that I could generate more power shooting left, but for accuracy I never felt as comfortable as I did shooting right.

Reactions: LAKings88

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just what we need....MORE interaction with Sens fans :laugh:

I'm ambivalent on the hire. Much like Todd he was a highly desired assistant coach and didn't have a good first run as head coach. NOt a strong feeling one way or the other.

Reactions: Little Psycho

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
here's one we've seen succeed emphatically even during the shittiest stretch of hockey we've seen in 20 years

and before you say small sample size yes that's exactly the point, not advocating for permanent all righties, just for a change of pace

View attachment 815020
4:56 total time on ice

0:49 per game

usually late in games for a shift or two when the team was trailing in and were desperately trying to climb back into no?

I'm not sure I would qualify that as "emphatically"

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
DJ smith had a good rep as an assistant coach and a terrible rep as a head coach. Vibes guy from what I’ve picked up from Sens fans. Hopefully in his correct position.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
It's likely just for the rest of the season with Hiller being an interim coach and all, if DJ Smith is the guy he wants then go for it. Not too worried about his record as a coach for the Senators, it's Hiller who will be the guy turning this team around or following along for another first round exit.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Wasn't DJ Smith a pretty controversial figure. Seems like he was a failure.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
4:56 total time on ice

0:49 per game

usually late in games for a shift or two when the team was trailing in and were desperately trying to climb back into no?

I'm not sure I would qualify that as "emphatically"

Yes but the response to YOU LITERALLY NEVER SEE IT is WE HAVE SEEN IT RECENTLY ON OUR OWN TEAM ALBEIT SMALL SAMPLE SIZE.

I was simply asked to prove it exists and I showed that it exists and can be fruitful

and again the ultimate claim was simply I'd like to see other guys rotate around not just SPence and Clarke playing musical chairs especially when other guys are clearly struggling

Edit: we also saw Sean Walker with Drew Doughty for a small slice as well.

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yes but the response to YOU LITERALLY NEVER SEE IT is WE HAVE SEEN IT RECENTLY ON OUR OWN TEAM ALBEIT SMALL SAMPLE SIZE.

I was simply asked to prove it exists and I showed that it exists and can be fruitful

and again the ultimate claim was simply I'd like to see other guys rotate around not just SPence and Clarke playing musical chairs especially when other guys are clearly struggling
Well this is it.

Currently we are just trying to rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic. I want to see Clarke get a few games alongside Gavrikov. Get him enough games to settle and see if they maybe have something and then whilst doing that decide what to do with Roy, Spence and Englund. I feel Roy/Spence is probably better than Englund with Roy or Spence… worth a look, no more to give time to assess if the team can run with a right of DD, Clarke and Spence.

If it doesn’t work find go back to what we have been doing but doing the same stuff repeatedly seems pointless. However if that right side does work then they could then move Roy out East to add something elsewhere. Moverare and Englund can then battle it out over 7D.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I always found that I could generate more power shooting left, but for accuracy I never felt as comfortable as I did shooting right.
Is your strong hand your left? Edit: just my curiosity.

I‘m a huge believer in the strong hand being the top hand as it dictates the technique. Technique nearly always dictates power and accuracy. Plenty of small/slight guys have had hard/accurate shots due to great technique. I know there are exceptions to the rule but it’s why there is always a shortage of RH shots. The stick technology now reduces the impact of great technique though as the sticks are much more forgiving and the whip generates power.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Lunch

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Reactions: Johnny Utah

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Here is Jim doing some work. Not a great fighter and it is a different game but he stood up for himself and his teammates.

DJ Smith was fighting legit HWs, light HW's in his career. This might just be for the rest of this season but, hey, nice to have a little more grit behind the bench.

Todd had 127 PIMs in 178 games in the WHL back in the 1980s when every player started each game with a misconduct and had to play clean over the course of the game to lose the PIMs.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
In my expertise as a lefty beer league defenseman. I love playing my off side more than the left side. I'm goofy tho. My strong hand is always high on the stick and my weak hand is low.

Just plain goofy overall.
I’m a right shot, rd man myself. My left hand is not my dominant hand. I’m goofy as well.

I'm a big Johnny Utah fan.
Utah, gimme two!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'm a big Johnny Utah fan.
keanu-reeves-whoa.gif

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
There was a guy sitting by me at this years game wearing a Johnny Utah jersey. I kept wanting to ask him his thoughts on the Kings lack of toughness on the 4th line.

View attachment 815156
I think he could have played Safety at OSU too with the way he tracked Bodie 30 yards out of bounds and tackled him into the ocean.

What a player.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
here's one we've seen succeed emphatically even during the shittiest stretch of hockey we've seen in 20 years

and before you say small sample size yes that's exactly the point, not advocating for permanent all righties, just for a change of pace

View attachment 815020
Just gonna leave this here.

Brandt Clarke in his NHL career, even strength:
Paired with RHD Jordan Spence or Matt Roy, 5 goals for, 0 goals against.
Paired with any RHD, 6 goals for, 4 goals against
Paired with LHD Andreas Englund or Vladislav Gavrikov, 0 goals for, 6 goals against.
Paired with any LHD, 4 goals for 12 goals against

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019

Edit: we also saw Sean Walker with Drew Doughty for a small slice as well.
Walker with Spence also had good results

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Should we start a FIRE HILLER! thread yet? I figure we'll need it come Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00