The Jersey Thread III

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Did they sell the All-Star jersey with names at the draft this weekend? I saw the blank ones on NHL.com, but that was it. How the crap am I supposed to get one down here in Georgia? Is it too much to ask for the NHL to sell NHL all star player jerseys?

They were up in the Blueline Saturday after the draft. Snagged a Voracek heading into the Skills comp.

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
They were up in the Blueline Saturday after the draft. Snagged a Voracek heading into the Skills comp.

Figures! The Blueline web site tells you to go to the NHL.com site, which doesn't sell half of the stuff the blueline store does :pout: :madfire:

I might call them tomorrow to see if I can get one

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Figures! The Blueline web site tells you to go to the NHL.com site, which doesn't sell half of the stuff the blueline store does :pout: :madfire:

I might call them tomorrow to see if I can get one

The Blue Line has very few jerseys left and no Johansen or Foligno jerseys. Dick's on Sawmill Rd had 2 XL Foligno jerseys when I was in there at lunch time. Other Columbus area Dick's stores might still have some also.

Blue Line list:

Sewn Jerseys
Toews (white)
Nash (white)
Getzlaf (white)

Heat Pressed Jerseys
Crawford (white)
Ekblad (white)
Bobrovsky (white)?
Tavares (white)
Tyler Johnson (white)
Seabrook (white)
Luongo (white)
Forsberg (white)
Tarasenko (white)
Faulk (white)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I saw a Gretzky Campbell Conference All-Star sweater (orange) on Saturday night in my section (skills night)... I think it was from 1983... the guy was being asked for pictures all night long..

btw Derby, that Voracek buy was a good one! Get it signed...

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
Islander fan here in peace. Huge shout out to your team store!

Ordered a John Tavares All Star Jersey Yesterday afternoon at around 1pm, they told me I would have it here in NY in 3-5 days...I got it an hour ago!!! Amazing service and super friendly!

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Was pumped to get a Foligno from Dick's Sporting Goods Thursday night.. they were marked up $25 at the Fan Fair/Blueline.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Sponsors on the 2016 World Cup jerseys. Does this make you not want one now?

They are all over european jerseys and I've accepted them. They look a bit "nascar-y" but as long as its got the team logo and player name I want is on it I can accept it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'd rather see them on the sides of the legs.. keep the jersey clean.

Basically like a lightning logo on the sides - doesn't ruin anything.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm sure someday an ad will happen. Shoot, there's been a manufacturer's logo on the back of every jersey over the last 40 years and no one cares about those.

People want to always compare it to Euro jerseys which are dominated by a dozen ads - the NHL will never go that far - it won't have to. When it happens, IMO, it will be a small patch like what the AHL does.

$_57.JPG

I suppose the World Cup team might use shoulder patches or something similar to what you see in some IIHF tournaments. Hard to say.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm sure someday an ad will happen. Shoot, there's been a manufacturer's logo on the back of every jersey over the last 40 years and no one cares about those.

People want to always compare it to Euro jerseys which are dominated by a dozen ads - the NHL will never go that far - it won't have to. When it happens, IMO, it will be a small patch like what the AHL does.

$_57.JPG

I suppose the World Cup team might use shoulder patches or something similar to what you see in some IIHF tournaments. Hard to say.

That isn't too horrible.. thanks for the pic for reference.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
No to ads on NHL jerseys. The manufacturer logo on the back of NHL jerseys is one thing, but allowing a sponsor ad on the front will just start the inevitable accumulation of ads on jerseys over time. No big 4 pro sports in the US have ads, please don't be the first NHL

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
No to ads on NHL jerseys. The manufacturer logo on the back of NHL jerseys is one thing, but allowing a sponsor ad on the front will just start the inevitable accumulation of ads on jerseys over time. No big 4 pro sports in the US have ads, please don't be the first NHL

I think every sport except baseball already allows them on the practice jerseys. It's inevitable. I don't think it matters who is first.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Pretty cool.. but for those prices I would want an autograph on it. :nod:

With game jerseys, even issued ones, an autograph can actually hurt the value more than enhance it. It immediately limits the market and a lot of game worn collectors prefer it not be signed. If it has to be signed, having it signed on the fight strap or behind the crest is preferable.

I've actually removed autographs from jerseys I have a few times now, as crazy as that sounds.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
With game jerseys, even issued ones, an autograph can actually hurt the value more than enhance it. It immediately limits the market and a lot of game worn collectors prefer it not be signed. If it has to be signed, having it signed on the fight strap or behind the crest is preferable.

I've actually removed autographs from jerseys I have a few times now, as crazy as that sounds.

most ppl don't get jerseys as a commodity...there's an actual attachment to them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad