Injury Report: The Infirmary

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
I wish that poster would stop berating Trocheck because he isn't playing yet. Who knows the extent of the injury. When he comes back, I doubt he will be 100%.

No disagreement. I simply posted this as an update I saw regarding his status. I have no doubt that he will not be 100%, but as long as he's not a detriment out there it opens up depth and gives us 3 potential scoring lines (I wouldn't break up the chemistry that Bjugs and Smitty have right now either)

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
No disagreement. I simply posted this as an update I saw regarding his status. I have no doubt that he will not be 100%, but as long as he's not a detriment out there it opens up depth and gives us 3 potential scoring lines (I wouldn't break up the chemistry that Bjugs and Smitty have right now either)

Sorry man, wasn't having a go at you. And completely agree with you btw.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

That's my thought as well. That and having Bjugstad with Hudler and Purcell isn't a great line to be stuck in our our zone with.

Although, it seems like Bjugstad has done a better job on forechecking and defensive aggressiveness in our zone.

Cat lover

Jan 28, 2016

I think that chemistry part is over rated. Smith is so hot right now he has chemistry with anyone. Try him in the first line, see if they can produce a goal in this series. :help:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I think that chemistry part is over rated. Smith is so hot right now he has chemistry with anyone. Try him in the first line, see if they can produce a goal in this series. :help:

This could be a good idea, this line would be unstoppable. But Hubs and Barky already have trouble compensating for Jags defensive shortcomings. This would only get amplified if he gets put on another line.

It would be high risk - high reward move. Maybe for the next home game when we have the last change, but not in NYC.

And Tro fits everywhere. Trying him with Hudler and Purcell could definitely work IMO

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
with trocheck coming back i see 3 possibilities:

1) keep the lines they always have been and just put trocheck back on the 2nd when he comes back.
2) keep the top 2 lines the same and put trocheck on the 3rd between hudler and purcell, ease him back into the lineup and get back up to speed.
3) try something different. perhaps smith with barkov and huberdeau. jagr taking over that spot with trocheck and jussi. and bjugstad back on the 3rd.

jagr has been good about using his size and strength, he's protecting the puck, working the cycle game well, having jagr with trocheck (and the fact he'd be playing with 2 great vets) and keeping control of the puck wouldnt be a bad thing. barkov of course will use his size on line 1 and bjugstad has been a beast and will carry that over into line 3 where hudler and purcell have desperately needed someone to do that.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd lower expectations for Tro's return unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong but when you look at Guds and Mack they could play but they were clearly rusty. Guds especially looked like he was skating at like 80-90% of his norm. Trocheck relies so much on his quickness that he may be much less effective.

Given the above, I think it makes more sense to put him with Hudler and Purcell. Better for him to get a little less ice time, and Bjugstad is playing very well on the second right now.

Ciccarelli22eh

Jan 30, 2015
I'd lower expectations for Tro's return unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong but when you look at Guds and Mack they could play but they were clearly rusty. Guds especially looked like he was skating at like 80-90% of his norm. Trocheck relies so much on his quickness that he may be much less effective.

Given the above, I think it makes more sense to put him with Hudler and Purcell. Better for him to get a little less ice time, and Bjugstad is playing very well on the second right now.

I agree Tro on the 3rd and ease him in. He is prob coming back a little premature because it is playoffs. There is really no point to split Bjugs and the 2nd line up his 1st game back when they are working well together. If the weren't clicking it would be a diff story.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Vincent Trocheck (foot) took part in Friday's morning skate.
It looks like Trocheck will not play in Game 5 on Friday though, based on the morning skate. However, Trocheck wasn't ruled out entirely by Panthers coach Gerard Gallant and if he does play it will be as a third-line center. Apr 22 - 12:04 PM
Source: George Richards on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/3768/vincent-trocheck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad