The HOHHOF : Registration and Procedure

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Got a message from EagleBelfour --- he'll join, but might not vote on an extremely consistent basis, due to being away.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Overview for the Early Era -- 2nd DRAFT

1 - The first step will be to establish the Early Era Committee. That group will mainly determine a whole bunch of players (there NEED to be over 40 players) that could be LIKELY to obtain AT LEAST one vote. Some guys volunteered for the Early Era Committee. For those who did, how much time would you like to have in order to come up with a list of potential candidates?

Basically over at this point.

2 - That committee will cover the players who spent the bulk of their career prior to the merger of the NHL and the WCHL. Now, some guys got their careers "split", which may cause problem. It will be up to the members of the committee to decide if a player is up for voting in the Early Era group or not. I really suggest to avoid any possible player that peaked in Europe prior to 1927.

We came up with a few guys that could
3 - The results of stage 2 will be published on a separate thread.

4 - Then... the discussions and the vote. Each voter will have 4 "YES" votes at his disposal. Votes will have to be sent by e-mail at the adress given earlier. I won't the only one to have access to the account.

Obviously not yet there. The numbers of votes might be tweaked if it ends up being a little too harsh.

5 - The results of stage 5 will be published.

6 - Repeat stage 4 during 9 other rounds.

The numbers of rounds might be tweaked as well. We'll see.

7 - There will be no BALLOT CLEANING during the Early Era period of voting.

Pretty obvious. This said, I suggest that the guys who will NOT have made it in the Early Era rounds could be included as WRITE-INS in the Chronological process. We'll see about the write-in procedure, but my suggestion is that a guy added as a write-in could remain on the ballot for a 5-year period.
8 - A voter CAN can cast a write-in vote. (I suggest this for the whole process, and not only the Early Era. That means that a guy that didn't made it in the Early Era COULD be a write-in vote later).

I think there will be no need for write-ins for the Early Era voting... :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad