The HFNHL Regret Thread

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
and I've sold the pictures to Alvaro ;)

LOL

Sean - I don't recall Quincey being a part of our Bieksa talks at the time, either. I do, however, remember you offering up Andy Greene, who would also be an upgrade over Lebda at this point. Of course, things were looking up for Lebda, but Brian Burke's failure to deal Kaberle would seem to have changed that.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
LOL

Sean - I don't recall Quincey being a part of our Bieksa talks at the time, either. I do, however, remember you offering up Andy Greene, who would also be an upgrade over Lebda at this point. Of course, things were looking up for Lebda, but Brian Burke's failure to deal Kaberle would seem to have changed that.

You narrowed it down to Greene or Lebda as your preferences, but Quincey (and Noah Welch for that matter) were both offered originally as "either" options too. I went creeping in my Hotmail archives and confirmed it, Kershaw style. For some reason I kept doubting Quincey while he was in Detroit and was willing to throw him into a lot of trades.

I'm surprised Ratchuk's development has stalled this badly. Perhaps he was taken out of college too early, but it just hasn't worked out for him. Could benefit from some time in Europe to regain his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad