GDT: The Handicapped Olympics (Bruins, 7PM Pacific at Honda Center Infirmary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
If we are looking for a Dman to play forward, I think Bieksa would be a decent choice. He doesn't have to be as defensively responsible, and he has some offsensive instincts and decent speed. I think I'd rather Holzer on D and Bieksa at forward.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I thought Holzer did about as well as you could expect from a defensive dman playing forward. He didn't make any mistakes and made a couple nice plays

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
A little off topic but wtf is with the new intermission guy? He is weird as f*** and awkward and not funny at all. Half the time seems like he has no idea what he is talking about.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Some observations:

I didnt realize Holzer was such a poor skater... it really showed yesterday as hes not explosive enough and looked like he was falling quite often. At least he brings as much physicallity and offensive skills as Boll up front...

Boy... Megna totally deserved the -2 +/- today.... I can see why the team likes his potential as he is mobile and long... but he is so dman soft and totally at fault for both of those goals that Boston scored... I hope we play a team that goes after him, he might be one of those guys that needs to get his butt kicked to realize he needs to man up... it would really help his shutdown game. His little brother is way more physical than this gentle giant. If he doesnt step it up in this department hes definitely going to be sent down soon.

Logan Shaw is similar to Megna, hes long and shows good skating ability but is soft... but tonight he was playing more chippy although for being 208 lbs... he seems pretty weak and just doesnt know how to hit like Wagner does.

I liked Roy's hustle, but I guess his scouting report is correct in that hes not as explosive as his size indicates, but at least he gets his nose dirty and has good hands.

Gibby has really stepped up his game, nice acrobatic saves!

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Honestly, I don't think Gibby needed to make that spectacular-looking save. He seems to scramble frantically a bit often. Mind, I'm not complaining about his general outcomes, just that he could be a bit more controlled.

Is it just me, or does it look like Gibby goes down on his stomach (maybe off balance?) quite often, and then has to rely on stretching his leg out to get a save? Quite a few of the stops he makes look like they're only saves because the shooter couldn't elevate the puck over his leg pads.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Honestly, I don't think Gibby needed to make that spectacular-looking save. He seems to scramble frantically a bit often. Mind, I'm not complaining about his general outcomes, just that he could be a bit more controlled.

Is it just me, or does it look like Gibby goes down on his stomach (maybe off balance?) quite often, and then has to rely on stretching his leg out to get a save? Quite a few of the stops he makes look like they're only saves because the shooter couldn't elevate the puck over his leg pads.

If you're talking about the save where he stacked the pads on the 4 on 2 rush, yeah, I remember laughing and thinking "showoff". But hey, whatever works. He made the save and got the style points.

I think the bolded is true for every goalie. Goalies play the percentages. Elevating the puck over the pad is not easy when you've got defenders trying to bowl you over. That's why top scorers get paid obscene amounts of money.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
A little off topic but wtf is with the new intermission guy? He is weird as **** and awkward and not funny at all. Half the time seems like he has no idea what he is talking about.

It's like his first week on TV. He keeps staring at Guy like the secret of the universe is hidden in Guy's ear drum. Hey jackass, you're on TV, look into the camera.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
So Perry is still an above average player when he gives a shit. I'm still not sure the goal he fired off Grant's pants actually happened. It was generated when Perry back checked at the blue line and stripped the Boston player of the puck. I think I blacked out there for a second and dreamed it while in a coma.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's like his first week on TV. He keeps staring at Guy like the secret of the universe is hidden in Guy's ear drum. Hey jackass, you're on TV, look into the camera.

The guy does baseball in San Diego. His background is as a news anchor who was a minor league pitcher. On 9/11 he was the only network anchor on the air in NY for hours, as his station was the only network affiliate not knocked off the air due to the collapse of the World Trade Center.

Padres broadcaster recalls 9/11

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Gibson continuing to put the team on his back. If his play continues when everyone comes back then I'm feeling a he'll of a lot better about this team.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Some observations:

I didnt realize Holzer was such a poor skater... it really showed yesterday as hes not explosive enough and looked like he was falling quite often. At least he brings as much physicallity and offensive skills as Boll up front...

Boy... Megna totally deserved the -2 +/- today.... I can see why the team likes his potential as he is mobile and long... but he is so dman soft and totally at fault for both of those goals that Boston scored... I hope we play a team that goes after him, he might be one of those guys that needs to get his butt kicked to realize he needs to man up... it would really help his shutdown game. His little brother is way more physical than this gentle giant. If he doesnt step it up in this department hes definitely going to be sent down soon.

Logan Shaw is similar to Megna, hes long and shows good skating ability but is soft... but tonight he was playing more chippy although for being 208 lbs... he seems pretty weak and just doesnt know how to hit like Wagner does.

I liked Roy's hustle, but I guess his scouting report is correct in that hes not as explosive as his size indicates, but at least he gets his nose dirty and has good hands.

Gibby has really stepped up his game, nice acrobatic saves!

That first goal is on Bieksa. No reason Boston should have even had the puck there. Just a ridiculously stupid turnover by him. Not sure why he isn't the guy at forward instead of Holzer.

Rasmussen sucks but he's better than one of these two at forward.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
The guy does baseball in San Diego. His background is as a news anchor who was a minor league pitcher. On 9/11 he was the only network anchor on the air in NY for hours, as his station was the only network affiliate not knocked off the air due to the collapse of the World Trade Center.

Padres broadcaster recalls 9/11

I agree that he is awkward during the transitions, or maybe trying too hard and looking out of his element. Interesting fact about him though... You did your research haha.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

Yeah, he goes swimming at least once a game... I just dont like it when he fully commits and gets out of the play so much that he flails around in desperation. Against patient scorers hes toast! There was one goal in this game that he is completely out of the net because he explodes out for the save and he could not recover.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I agree that he is awkward during the transitions, or maybe trying too hard and looking out of his element. Interesting fact about him though... You did your research haha.
Agree, he is. But hockey appears to be new to him. I think he sounds better than others they have had. Hopefully he will get more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad