The Great Wyatt Kalynuk Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 8)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Never said it was a mistake btw. Was just wondering on the consensus. On one hand, I don't think it was very good asset management to let him walk. On the other hand I don't think he's a winning player.

He's definitely a bad team scorer but he's also putting up 50-60 points a year and we just let him walk. That is, by definition, bad asset management.
I think the consensus is, if anything was different last year, we don't get Bedard.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Outside of the Butterfly Effect shit where us keeping Strome kills our chances at Bedard, I'd say it would've been better to keep Strome over losing him for nothing, but that it's not a significant loss either.

He's a guy that can put up points, but is atrocious in every other facet of the game. He wouldn't really help us any in the standings, but seeing more goals go in for the Hawks would've been nice this season.

Reactions: Pertti

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
I think Zadorov would be the 2nd best defenseman on the roster, lol
i dunno if i'd take him over vlasic or jones (money not being an issue), but yeah now that i think about it he would easily be top 3/4. i think motte and seeler are solid answers though.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Outside of the Butterfly Effect shit where us keeping Strome kills our chances at Bedard, I'd say it would've been better to keep Strome over losing him for nothing, but that it's not a significant loss either.

He's a guy that can put up points, but is atrocious in every other facet of the game. He wouldn't really help us any in the standings, but seeing more goals go in for the Hawks would've been nice this season.
Its so far down to butterfly effect but solid outfome becauae it wasn't ever just Bedard that mattered.

This was always a better odds at 3-4 players that matters, Fantelli, Carlsson, or Michkov being also missed out on, to wind up with, say Ryan Leonard like the Caps got is not worth it. Leonard is good, but the Caps fans aren't even all in on that value.

I saw a caps fan post today without Strome they'd be talking a lot more about getting Celebrini. It would be better for them in that regard, but they still want the Ovi goals

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah you’re right. Vlasic passed him up. I’d still say number 3 for 2023-24.
I think we are mostly on the same wavelength when it comes to the current team.
Personally, I am just hoping that some of these drafted mostly College kids can fill some holes to get this rebuild some momentum. It seems we don't have much in RFD. Reichel is/was the best hope and he has bombed so far.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I forgot all about his lustrous Blackhawks career until there was allegedly trade market talk about him.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Seeler contract is the Matt Walker contract all over again. You don't give guys like that any term.
Dang, pulling from the depths to pull that comparison, yet it feels pretty on point, lol.

I feel for those kinda guys, it takes forever for them to hit their prime and then it's really short because the physical tools decline. Their peak is probably like ages 29-31, but yeah, you should never commit anything to them accordingly.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Dang, pulling from the depths to pull that comparison, yet it feels pretty on point, lol.

I feel for those kinda guys, it takes forever for them to hit their prime and then it's really short because the physical tools decline. Their peak is probably like ages 29-31, but yeah, you should never commit anything to them accordingly.
Same exact type of player same term and I'd bet the dollar amounts are pretty close when you look at the cap percentage. Can play a bit of defense, block some shots and face punch a bit.

Seeler getting a NTC is hilarious though. Like sure Nick, nobody's trading for you at that dollar amount anyway. I pray that he didn't take less to get it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Good for Forsling

Sucks our GM and HC were idiots

If by idiots you mean they werent patient enough to let him develop, sure. Its a good lesson for all the lunatics freaking out that Korchinski isnt a Norris candidate this season.

But it’s not like Forsling was good when he was here. He hadnt figured it out yet. Takes time.

Thankfully, Davidson seems far more patient with the process and his prospects.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Forsling cleared waivers and played an entire season in the AHL after leaving the Hawks. The following season, he was placed on waivers again and that's how Florida got him.

It happens, good deal for him and congrats.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad