The goalie situation: “handing over the batonâ€

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
The penguins have two solid goalie prospects. I don't think Murray is going anywhere but Jarry is on the table. as a fan of both teams i don't see a deal i would like for both teams. The cost would likely be something along the lines of McCoshen for Jarry straight up. and because of how futuristic that deal is i don't like it for either team. less for FLA than PIT, but still.

could see a deal like this a year from now when we know more about Jarry

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Cam was excellent for the Blueshirts. He had a great coach and obviously the best possible example in front of him.

I'd rather have Benoit Allaire than any goaltender mentioned yet.

Don't know enough about Montembeault, the few things I did see were enough to want to see more.

Lu has a few more years before we have to worry. He wants a Cup and he deserves one and so do we. Call me a dreamer, but Jagr doesn't usually talk out of his arse and neither does Timmy. I believe them.

We JUST got Ekblad, Bjugstad is getting better and better, and Jagr has already done wonders for the progression of his line mates. It's all coming together, let us save this convo for a couple years from now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Look at Luongo's contract. In 3 year's time, his salary drops from $6.7mm to $3.3mm (39 years old) in 2018-2019 and then down to $1.x and change at 40+ years old.

Lots of Vancouver fans speculated long ago that the extended term in the $1.x mm range was to keep the AAV down artificially keeping cap down. Would not be surprised if Lou just retires at that time to stick the cap-recapture penalty to Vancouver.

:laugh:

Lets hope he wins a cup or two before then, and then retires.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Cam was excellent for the Blueshirts. He had a great coach and obviously the best possible example in front of him.

I'd rather have Benoit Allaire than any goaltender mentioned yet.

Don't know enough about Montembeault, the few things I did see were enough to want to see more.

Lu has a few more years before we have to worry. He wants a Cup and he deserves one and so do we. Call me a dreamer, but Jagr doesn't usually talk out of his arse and neither does Timmy. I believe them.

We JUST got Ekblad, Bjugstad is getting better and better, and Jagr has already done wonders for the progression of his line mates. It's all coming together, let us save this convo for a couple years from now.

Montembeault will have a good shot it seems with Canada WJr team this winter.
Allaire kinda peaked during Giggy/Ana tenure.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Montembeault will have a good shot it seems with Canada WJr team this winter.
Allaire kinda peaked during Giggy/Ana tenure.

You're thinking of Benoit's(currently serving Lundqvist since his NHL debut) brother. Yes, Francois was the behind the scenes guy for the best full playoff performance by a goalie ever.

I wouldn't say either has peaked as a coach, especially Benoit. They're amazing.

Montembeaut showed damn good technique, the kind the Allaires have turned to platinum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad