Proposal: The Gleason-Harrison Boycott

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
If he doesn't have some sort of an injury, I'm mystified. I mean, it's early enough I don't mind him feeling out any player, but not at all what I expected. Season's a goner for Connor.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Hainsey did lose his man on one goal. The one where Harrison lost the puck along the boards. However, Gleason or Harrison definitely deserved to sit instead of Hainsey

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
but Harrison doesn't sound like an illiterate caveman hockey player when he answers Chip Alexander's set up, soft questions.....:sarcasm:

signing Gleason and not using Murphy seems to fly in the face of Francis' master plan.

for the record, I didn't think Gleason was all that bad last night, comparatively speaking.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, Peters did say he was going to make players accountable. With previous coaches, that meant any top 6 forward or top 4 D was pretty much untouchable no matter how poorly they played, and coaches would easily sit lesser players. Maybe Peters will be taking off the kid gloves for all players, regardless of status.

I didn't see the game last night, was Hainsey really that bad?

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
optimistically I thought they all looked tentative and their timing was off, which may be due to figuring out a new system in a pressure game. Sekera and Hainsey seemed a step slow to respond instead of it being automatic. Gleason and Harrison are #6/7 guys. they are what they are but there just isn't much depth.....

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Would be nice if Chip or someone could get the scoop, or shed a little insight at least.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
^This....but to reiterate a point I made elsewhere, I was at the game and Hainsey looked pretty slow and, much like a lot of the team, his timing was off. I would not be surprised if he is nursing an injury....so who makes up our #2 pairing? Gleason and Liles?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Remember when Harrison looked like a respectable bottom paring defenseman?

What happened???

Contract curse I guess.

It's a shame too because at times during the late Mo/early Muller years he was arguably our best d-man. Then he signs a contract and just plays like poo.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Contract curse I guess.

It's a shame too because at times during the late Mo/early Muller years he was arguably our best d-man. Then he signs a contract and just plays like poo.

Not even close IMO. He played well given the expectations and role he played, but I don't know if I'd ever go as far as saying he was our best defenseman.

In 10/11 he went up against the easiest competition, by far, of any Canes defenseman. He got very sheltered minutes. In 11/12, he went up against a bit tougher competition, but Gleason and Allen took all the tough assignments by far that year and Pitkanen (although limited to 30 games) was far superior as well and even by season's end, so was Faulk.

Harrison did ok for a couple of years given expectations, but no way he was the best defenseman. He had less responsibilities/easier competition and he did ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad