The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
This is actually pretty accurate. the team now has a .461 winning ratio and a point ratio of .538. To get to 90 points they will need 17 wins out of the last 30 to have a shot. If they lose 2 of the next 3 they will need 16 wins out of the last 27 or play .590 hockey. WHile mathematically possible the team has not met that level of success in an entire year over a 20 game stretch in regular season.

I would only ask you look at the competition for the 7th and 8th slots in Colorado and Minnesota and explain how they have been just as crappy , but have a better chance than we do at playing good hockey. Minnesota has been terrible the last 15 games. While I expect them to play a little better, they are a fragile team. Look at Suter and Parise's comments last night. Colorado is playing their best hockey right now. I expect them to regress a little bit.

As for the Preds, the advantage I feel we have over them is that we have greatly underperformed. That coupled with the fact we are still working in Johansen puts us over the top in a competition with those two teams.

So mathematics, scamatics. Someone has to pass us and play better than we do. I don't care if we win 10 games the rest of the year, if they win 9 (or 10 since we have games in hand over COL) we are in and draw Chicago, which I am just fine with.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Yannick Weber is on waivers today, or supposed to be according to sportsnet I think.

UFA after this year. 15 mllion dollar contract. Right-handed d-man. I would grab him if he makes it to us and waive/trade Bitetto (to keep contract 50 for Vesey)

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Drw your remarks are purely emotional. The numbers I provided are accurate. With no roster changes you can not expect better results over time. But what you say is true as well not one team in the league is mathematically out of the playoffs yet but there are 7 teams with 47 points that would require divine intervention to make it in.

Yesterday the Preds Vegas odds of making the post season was over 50% with last nights loss they dropped to 41% add two more losses and it is in the 20% range. And yes the team could mathematically have a chance with two weeks to go there play since the ASG last year does not support it . Just as we have to admit theres still a chance you have to admit the possibilities diminish with every loss now. And 2 more of the next three may well make the decision as sellers at the trade deadline.

Nope- not emotional at all. If we lose the next 2 games our odds to make the playoffs will not be 20%.

Again, all I am arguing is the statement that was made that "we will be out of the race if we lose 2 OF THE NEXT 3 games"

Again- OUT OF THE RACE.

That is 100% false.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I would only ask you look at the competition for the 7th and 8th slots in Colorado and Minnesota and explain how they have been just as crappy , but have a better chance than we do at playing good hockey. Minnesota has been terrible the last 15 games. While I expect them to play a little better, they are a fragile team. Look at Suter and Parise's comments last night. Colorado is playing their best hockey right now. I expect them to regress a little bit.

As for the Preds, the advantage I feel we have over them is that we have greatly underperformed. That coupled with the fact we are still working in Johansen puts us over the top in a competition with those two teams.

So mathematics, scamatics. Someone has to pass us and play better than we do. I don't care if we win 10 games the rest of the year, if they win 9 (or 10 since we have games in hand over COL) we are in and draw Chicago, which I am just fine with.

Exactly- its what I am beating my head against the wall trying to make people who keep saying we are out of the race understand.

One more time- we are competing against teams that are just as crappy as we are, not the Blackhawks and Kings.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

We aren't just fighting those teams, you should add Phoenix and Vancouver (4 points behind us with a game in hand) ... 5 teams for 1 spot, it's going to be a blood bath yet again, I just don't see our team having the mental toughness to make it to that next level, it looks to me that we got too old over this past summer, yes Johansen trade is a step in the right direction, but I believe that we should be sellers this year and re-stock and kick the veterans to the curb (including Smith/Wilson), but that's jmho.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
We aren't just fighting those teams, you should add Phoenix and Vancouver (4 points behind us with a game in hand) ... 5 teams for 1 spot, it's going to be a blood bath yet again, I just don't see our team having the mental toughness to make it to that next level, it looks to me that we got too old over this past summer, yes Johansen trade is a step in the right direction, but I believe that we should be sellers this year and re-stock and kick the veterans to the curb (including Smith/Wilson), but that's jmho.

makes you think they do? Phoenix and their stellar goaltending led by Louis howeverthehellyouspellhisname?

Or Vancouver and their stellar center lineup comprised of (before last night when Henrik returned) 4 guys who just passed the legal drinking age?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Exactly- its what I am beating my head against the wall trying to make people who keep saying we are out of the race understand.

One more time- we are competing against teams that are just as crappy as we are, not the Blackhawks and Kings.

What your failing to accept is that we are not a very good team. Two teams behind us have a game in hand and neither are playing well at the moment I expect the Wild to get it together at some point just like the Ducks did remember the start they had?

The Preds have been pretty even keel no long losing streaks and no long winning streaks. By no metric are they playing good hockey. If they do not win tomorrow against the SHarks it could be March 3rd Devils game before they get another home win. These are not easy games on the schedule right now. Also the Preds have a losing record against the central with the Jets only losing 1 more game against central opponents. The Preds also have a losing record against the West overall. They have a better than .500 against the east which we expected. There is nothing to indicate the team will perform better down the stretch than they have since Feb. 2015. The games are played on the ice and there will be surprises just like the loss to the Flyers they sould not have lost that game much less let in 6. But they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad