OT: The Football Thread

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Is there any way both teams can lose? That's what I'd be rooting for.
If you dislike the Patriots, those fans are probably annoyed that another dynasty is supplanting theirs so quickly (yet another parallel to the Islanders) that I'd root for KC.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Your implication was that the Jets could win with Wilson and had a good shot at making the playoffs with him at QB (i hope you’re not implying you were being literal and meant win at least one game, lol).

You were so emphatic in calling that poster wrong that it deserved to be called out when he was clearly right. And I thought your complete 180 was funny.

There is somewhat of a parallel to the Islanders current situation, but hope that I don’t have to spell it ALL out for you.
It wasn't one win, it was four at the time. The Jets were 4-3, and in a playoff spot (with wins over the Bills and Eagles). So they obviously COULD win with Wilson. It went to shit after that.

There is no 180. What I'm saying now is that a 41 year old Rodgers coming off major surgery probably won't do much better with this team than Wilson did.

And I see zero parallels between the Jets current situation and the Islanders current situation. I'm not even sure why this is a discussion point here but whatever.

No need to spell anything out for me. I can spell, and am fluent in, three languages. Thanks though.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
There was a hit piece article written by the NFL writers (Russini) about how the Jets are a mess, and all I have to say is that nobody should be shocked. Am I surprised that Saleh isn't a HC? Yeah. But good lord did they take him out and do everything to paint him like the villain, rather than going after Johnson and how pathetic the actual organization has become. We bitch and whine and complain about Ledecky but I will take Ledecky every day of the week over the garbage that comes from Woody. And uniforms are supposed to fix this shit. Heh.

Reactions: Lights911

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
There was a hit piece article written by the NFL writers (Russini) about how the Jets are a mess, and all I have to say is that nobody should be shocked. Am I surprised that Saleh isn't a HC? Yeah. But good lord did they take him out and do everything to paint him like the villain, rather than going after Johnson and how pathetic the actual organization has become. We bitch and whine and complain about Ledecky but I will take Ledecky every day of the week over the garbage that comes from Woody. And uniforms are supposed to fix this shit. Heh.

They had a fantastic pool of coaching candidates this year and decided to stick with that bozo Saleh. When they’re a tire fire again next year, they’ll act shocked I’m sure.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Who bitches, whines and complains about Ledecky???

Reactions: doublechili

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They had a fantastic pool of coaching candidates this year and decided to stick with that bozo Saleh. When they’re a tire fire again next year, they’ll act shocked I’m sure.
They should just hire Vrabel and be done with it, but the core issues are from Johnson. Nothing changes until Woody leaves.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Who bitches, whines and complains about Ledecky???
1706898198746.png

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Brock Purdy leading SF to a Super Bowl is like Andong Song leading us to a Cup

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
A decent Ol and Z Wilson and Saleh would both be ok.

Woody allowing the last good OT in the draft falling in the hands of Patriots who basically gave him to Pittsburgh was the biggest mistake.

Then I’d say bringing in an injury prone vet as your starter and letting Mike White get away was number two. White would struggle behind this ol like any qb in the league, but making Wilson the second guy is inexcusable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad