Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
In your burgers?

On your pizza?

As a topping on lasagna?

... :sarcasm:

The only ingredient you can argue that will go well with everything is cheese.

Not sure about on a pizza or lasagne...but peanut butter on a hamburger is friggin delicious. You gotta try it if you haven't.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I love cheese. It's an abomination with seafood though.

Thai food, seafood and PB.

Pretty sure theres a possiblity to make PB work with Lasagna and Pizza. Pretty EZ with pizza.

Obviously regular tomato sauce lasagna wouldnt fit well, but something needing a nutty flavor would be great.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I like peanut butter in virtually everything.

I actually like the peanut butter + spice/heat blend. Works great with Ginger, too.

In your burgers?

On your pizza?

As a topping on lasagna?

... :sarcasm:

The only ingredient you can argue that will go well with everything is cheese.

Not sure about on a pizza or lasagne...but peanut butter on a hamburger is friggin delicious. You gotta try it if you haven't.

One of the best pizza's I've had was basically peanut butter sauce, Korean BBQ'ued chicken and two pounds or so of Cilantro. Of course you'd say it wasn't REALLY a pizza... and you'd probably be right, but still.

Peanut Butter works great in some burgers. Pattie/Bacon/Peanut Butter was actually my ex's standard burger.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
And cheese is way too... vague?
You can problably find a cheese for anything, but you just can't use any cheese.
I do admit I use parmesan a bit like some other people use pepper.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
And cheese is way too... vague?
You can problably find a cheese for anything, but you just can't use any cheese.
I do admit I use parmesan a bit like some other people use pepper.

Indeed. Cheese is vague. That's why it goes well with anything. :sarcasm:

Peanut butter is too specific. We can name dozens of things that won't match well with peanut butter. Like fries or salami.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

You put it on the burger or in the burger? Just asking because I want to estimate your level of insanity. :sarcasm:

Just kidding, pretty sure you can prepare an interesting PB sauce for a burger.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
You put it on the burger or in the burger? Just asking because I want to estimate your level of insanity. :sarcasm:

Just kidding, pretty sure you can prepare an interesting PB sauce for a burger.

It's all good. A nice juicy burger with bacon, peanut butter, ketchup and mustard....god damn delicious. Can't have it all the time, but it's a nice change of pace. Something similar to this.....

Caramelized-Onion-Gruyere-Bacon-and-Peanut-Butter-Burgers-8.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Peanut butter is too specific. We can name dozens of things that won't match well with peanut butter. Like fries or salami.

Salami and PB sandwich, I'm sure this works :laugh:

You just have to start thinking of PB as seasoning or something and not actual PB.

And obviously you don't use the crappy sugary ones, you use the real peanut only butter.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Challenge accepted for creating PB-based (or at least peanut-based) Poutine Sauce.

Oh and of course, I was obviously not referring to sweetened PB.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Salami and PB sandwich, I'm sure this works :laugh:

You just have to start thinking of PB as seasoning or something and not actual PB.

And obviously you don't use the crappy sugary ones, you use the real peanut only butter.

All I know is chorizo + peanut butter cups may make you sick for a day.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's all good. A nice juicy burger with bacon, peanut butter, ketchup and mustard....god damn delicious. Can't have it all the time, but it's a nice change of pace. Something similar to this.....

Caramelized-Onion-Gruyere-Bacon-and-Peanut-Butter-Burgers-8.jpg

There may be something seriously wrong with me... but this looks delicious. I've lived my entire life without ever conceiving of PB on hamburgers, and now I'm questioning my very existence.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
There may be something seriously wrong with me... but this looks delicious. I've lived my entire life without ever conceiving of PB on hamburgers, and now I'm questioning my very existence.

That's basically what I was telling myself before eating one.

You're in Ottawa, don't you? The Works have a few on the menu, and you can always add PB to anything. That burger below :

http://www.worksburger.com/Burgers/The-Hangover.aspx?locationId=2

With PB added was probably the most satisfying burger I've ever add... though I'm totally aware it took 6 months off my life expectancy.

This said, it's been a while since I haven't made a crazy burger.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The only ingredient that fits all is sugar.

Ehh... Let's agree to disagree here, unless you include all kinds of sugar (like Carbs or Fermented Sugars, aka alcohol) into the definition of Sugar.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't sweeten my pizza, but there are sugars in the crust... I guess.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's basically what I was telling myself before eating one.

You're in Ottawa, don't you? The Works have a few on the menu, and you can always add PB to anything. That burger below :

http://www.worksburger.com/Burgers/The-Hangover.aspx?locationId=2

With PB added was probably the most satisfying burger I've ever add... though I'm totally aware it took 6 months off my life expectancy.

This said, it's been a while since I haven't made a crazy burger.
The Works is a great burger joint.

Gotta go for the Crackerjack. Peppercorn crusted, hot peppers, jack cheese and hotter than hell sauce. It's the best.

Last edited:

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Ehh... Let's agree to disagree here, unless you include all kinds of sugar (like Carbs or Fermented Sugars, aka alcohol) into the definition of Sugar.

I mean, I certainly wouldn't sweeten my pizza, but there are sugars in the crust... I guess.

Usually sugar in most tomato sauces on pizza.

Or Pineapple pizza? Actually I take that back, its so bad. Those who put that on their pizza should be ashamed of themselves.:laugh:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Shoo Fly Pie.

Pork and Sauerkraut

Pork and sauerkraut in MTL,no problem! but shoo fly pie? where,good stuff!last time having it was in Lancaster PA.

In MTL,I go to Nonyas for Indonesian,Mikasa for Japanese,La louisianne for my Canjun fix and Ambala for my Indian.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Usually sugar in most tomato sauces on pizza.

Or Pineapple pizza? Actually I take that back, its so bad. Those who put that on their pizza should be ashamed of themselves.:laugh:
Want to look like a star when you have people over at your next BBQ? Offer this up as your desert:

Get a pineapple core from the store with the shell off. Slice into pineapple rings. Cover in cinnamon. Grill until a little crispy on both sides. Plate it and immediately drop a scoop of vanilla icecream on top. Then top the ice cream with a bit of pure cocoa powder. Then top it all off with shredded coconut. It's a LG custom recipe. :)

Bam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad