May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Drakkar in 6.

37357105.jpg

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Drakkar in 7.

MacKinnon did save the team.

They're good pieces, but Gelinas, Turbide, Vanier and Poulin did not "Save" this team.... That's what they have from the MacKinnon trade.

Long term they get value but they'd be here without those 3 above because Vanier doesn't even play right now.

Moosealltheway

Apr 27, 2013
Halifax,Nova Scotia
Moose are too powerful, this is their year, those from baie comeau shoud see the atmosphere at the metro center better than some NHL teams and I assure you better than Baie comeau. Fucale is to Hot and everybody is stepping up including Mackinnon,Drouin,Frk,Fournier,Stephen Macally (not correct spelling) and Konrad.I understand Gelinas is a threat along with Zykov but it just wont be enough

Moose in 5

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Veileux is the man who took Shawi to a Memorial cup after having sat for like a month.. He's got some tricks, I've said it for awhile now, BAC are seriously underated.

Or you could say he was the man that didn't prepare his team well enough and suffered a 2nd round exit while hosting the Memorial Cup.

No one is underrating Baie-Comeau. They are the 2nd best team in the league. Unfortunately they're playing the best team in the league.

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
Or you could say he was the man that didn't prepare his team well enough and suffered a 2nd round exit while hosting the Memorial Cup.

No one is underrating Baie-Comeau. They are the 2nd best team in the league. Unfortunately they're playing the best team in the league.

if the moose are thinking that only Gelinas (who didnt play most of the season), and Zykov are the only threats, that's awesome!!! They forgot about Straka, Boudreau, Gamelin, .....

they might lose 4 straight...but i wouldnt put them away before you get there!!

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
if the moose are thinking that only Gelinas (who didnt play most of the season), and Zykov are the only threats, that's awesome!!! They forgot about Straka, Boudreau, Gamelin, .....

I'm sure the team understands who the players are to watch for Baie-Comeau.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS

I doubt the actual Mooseheads players have forgotten about anybody.

As for the fans, everyone is complementing Baie-Comeau on their depth. They have lots of scoring. Going by point totals and not line combinations, their top 6 forwards have 104 points combined in the playoffs. But their next 6 forwards have 10 points. Halifax's top 6 forwards point-wise have 125 points, and their next 6 forwards have 34 points. In 2 less games. Those bottom 6 include Ciampini-Boudreau-Ashley, who are struggling. I assume Baie-Comeau have some struggling players as well.

Halifax is a lot deeper at forward than Baie-Comeau. Both on paper, and in the playoffs so far. Baie-Comeau's strength is their defense.... both defense corps and overall team d. Felix Girard will be tested with Drouin/MacKinnon. I understand he's stellar defensively. He and his line will be a huge factor in this series. If they can contain Halifax's top line, both on the PK and 5 on 5, Baie-Comeau has a shot.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

As for the fans, everyone is complementing Baie-Comeau on their depth. They have lots of scoring. Going by point totals and not line combinations, their top 6 forwards have 104 points combined in the playoffs. But their next 6 forwards have 10 points. Halifax's top 6 forwards point-wise have 125 points, and their next 6 forwards have 34 points. In 2 less games. Those bottom 6 include Ciampini-Boudreau-Ashley, who are struggling. I assume Baie-Comeau have some struggling players as well.

The Drakkar's speed and tigh defensive play really makes that team hard to beat as well. And let's not forget Cadorette who's the best goalie in these playoffs so far.

Halifax is a lot deeper at forward than Baie-Comeau. Both on paper, and in the playoffs so far. Baie-Comeau's strength is their defense.... both defense corps and overall team d. Felix Girard will be tested with Drouin/MacKinnon. I understand he's stellar defensively. He and his line will be a huge factor in this series. If they can contain Halifax's top line, both on the PK and 5 on 5, Baie-Comeau has a shot.

Girard and Grégoire are two players that honestly killed the Armada. They are extremely intense, strong and physical. They will push after the whistle. They will never stop skating. Girard actually also had two amazing snipes in games 4 and 6. Is Fucale a better goalie than Marcoux? (right now)

The Drakkar's defense is very BIG and PUNISHING. Noreau and Verpaelst will have a field day on Drouin and MacKinnon... or maybe not. We will see. But the Drakkar will be a fierce opponent for the Mooseheads. I know Halifax has an amazing team, but the way the Drakkar play.... I don't know, but it could happen. They are extremely annoying. ;)

OMG

Mar 19, 2013
fucale will have to play better than the last series and Halifax will have to have a better showing on the small ice surface in Baie C...its about the same size as RN...i think the keys or BC will be Noreau and Verplast....big and strong....if they shut down the top line then the moose may have to find alternative scoring and it wont be from ABC line..honestly i would move Andrew Ryan to that line and take Campini off it...he is like a 200lbs anchor on that line in the small rinks

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012

Very good analysis! I hope its a good series. it would be good for the league!

ClemQ

Jun 14, 2012
fucale will have to play better than the last series and Halifax will have to have a better showing on the small ice surface in Baie C...its about the same size as RN...i think the keys or BC will be Noreau and Verplast....big and strong....if they shut down the top line then the moose may have to find alternative scoring and it wont be from ABC line..honestly i would move Andrew Ryan to that line and take Campini off it...he is like a 200lbs anchor on that line in the small rinks

The last time they played, BC dominated in their home rink. Yes, they lost - but anyone that watched the game, knew that they dominated. With the last line change they were able to keep Girard on Drouin/Mac, and Verpleast was on the ice all night. Noreau was out with an injury i believe. BC outshot them badly, but, Fucale stood on his head. BC is extremely annoying to play against, they do not quit, and they are physical.

I believe if Girard can shut down the top line, it becomes a goalie match up, like most playoffs usually end up being. I think Fucale can stand on his head, but, i dont discard Cadorette either. He is a very capable goalie, who for the most part has been consistent all year.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
I still don't think that BC has a chance. The '05 Mooseheads were pretty strong too but we ran into a guy named Crosby.

Baie-Commeau is strong, but they're going to run into MacKinnon Drouin and Frk. They're done.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

Those three were a good regular season line, but playoff hockey is not their strong suit. Ciampini has gotten better this season, but sometimes I just want to smack him for his lack of effort. Boudreau works hard, but he's woefully weak. Ashley works his butt off every night, but when opposing defensemen are often 5 or 6 inches taller than him, hard work will only take him so far.
That line is in desperate need of a big hard working player.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Girard and Grégoire are two players that honestly killed the Armada. They are extremely intense, strong and physical. They will push after the whistle. They will never stop skating. Girard actually also had two amazing snipes in games 4 and 6. Is Fucale a better goalie than Marcoux? (right now)

The Drakkar's defense is very BIG and PUNISHING. Noreau and Verpaelst will have a field day on Drouin and MacKinnon... or maybe not. We will see. But the Drakkar will be a fierce opponent for the Mooseheads. I know Halifax has an amazing team, but the way the Drakkar play.... I don't know, but it could happen. They are extremely annoying. ;)

I see your Girard and Gregoire and call with Andrews and MacAulay, I then raise you Falkenham and Ashley :) Those four don't stop going and pretty physical too... They can score too and kill most penalties.

Noreau, Verpaelst, Lamarche, Chenevert are a top-4 that's hard to beat... our first line had 13 points against the Drakkar in two regular season games, so no field day, but the toughest challenge we could face.

You shut down that line, which when you think about it, you can have all the grinders and physical D in the world, they'll find a way to score in a 7-game series. After that we normally go with
MacAulay - Ashley - Fournier
Ryan - Andrews - Falkenham
Ciampini - Boudreau - Beauchemin

If those who went missing in Rouyn (Boud, Ciamp) then it could be a quick series.

And what exactly are "coaching tricks"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad