Post-Game Talk: The fault in the Stars 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
If I were Shore I wouldn't move either. That's prime real estate. Should be a good goal. I'd be livid if I was a Stars fan and they called it back.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
I want to hear the explanation on this one. He was pushed in by Orpik but that doesn't allow him to stand in the crease and block the goalie while his team mate skates around the net.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
I want to hear the explanation on this one. He was pushed in by Orpik but that doesn't allow him to stand in the crease and block the goalie while his team mate skates around the net.

I agree. He essentially set a pick on the goal to get to the far post.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Love the pump fake pass by Shattenkirk to Ovie. First real good look Ovie's had (at least that I can recall) on the PP in a few games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
our vaunted defensemen have been getting worked. careless

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
He was still trying to regain balance until the puck was in the crease already.

He had more than regained his balance and made no attempt to move. He had a couple of whacks at the puck as well. I think the call hinges on what is the time expectation of the player pushed into the crease to leave. He clearly made no effort to move from his position standing in the middle of the crease. That would also indicate by definition he prevented the goalie from being able to play his position. That's why we need the officials interpretation.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why does Orpik shove his own goaltender all the time? He used to do that in Pittsburgh and even with 15 years of experience in the NHL, he still does it. It's so dumb.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't know what advanced stats can help influence referees' decisions but as soon as I find out I will post it in the advanced stats thread :sarcasm:

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Trotz matching the Beagle line against the oppositions first line, no Schmidt, Alzner+Carlson.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad