The effects of having Hughson call Leaf games (pay attention Rogers)

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
N95m78.gif

Did the emotionless Matthews actually show emotion?

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Can someone find the clip of when Sedin took the Unsportsmanlike against Leo. Hughson said something to the extent, that was a weak penalty because its Sedin and it was against Leo. Clearly implying Leo deserved the face wash.

The impartiality of Hughson is never in doubt ;)
When Polak took the penalty to put them two men down, I was in the car listening to the radio. Joe and Jim Ralph were implicating a dive and were hoping for supplemental discipline like Andersen got. They called the goal "heavily gift wrapped" by the refs). But they are regional broadcasters. Wonder how excited Jimbo was during that penalty.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
remember last year we played Vancouver in Toronto on Saturday night? Kadri hit a sedin and Hughson nearly cried on air and then someone hit stetcher in his rookie game (or first few games at least) and I swear you could hear him sobbing.

I don't think you will find anyone who "remembers" this. I think this Leafs "hatred" is being wildly blown out of proportion, not every announcer is Jack Edwards, but I agree with the general sentiment that TSN is vastly superior so if this is why people will champion them so be it...I prefer them because of their knowledge/insight/entertainment value but if some of you want to stick it to big mean evil Jim to each their own.

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
Two takeaways: Simpson is annoying..he clearly hates us. He couldn't stop gushing about Matthews and in ot after Boeser ringed it off the post and they were revising it he waned to talked about how leafs almost won it. That was painful.

Also very depressing to see Granlund and Eriksson to start ot and then have Nic Dowd on for the last minute.

Looks like Canucks fans get annoyed with them two lol.

Personally I think they stay in the middle. Just because they say something not overly positive about a Leaf, doesn't mean they hate us. They are just saying it like it is. They didn't always say glowing things about the Canucks.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Once again yet another broadcast team gives us a delightfully enjoyable and informative broadcast.

Thank you cuthbert/noodles!

Why are we stuck with literally the 2 worst commentary tandems in canadian hockey for 90% of our games?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who was that between the benches last night? IMO, he's not very good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad