the drop of robbie schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
JNRhockeyGURU said:
In other words you just pissed on what Hockeydad told you (which is very true, and this person obviously knows the facts) about Rob playing his heart out for Mississauga every single second he was a member of that franchise, right down to the last moment! You went right back to insulting the kids character! STOP BEING SO HARD HEADED AND OPEN UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE! Robbie didn't walk out, the team was given fair warning well in advance, and he took care of on ice affairs! If you want to insult him leaving the team, than talk trash about his agent....but don't dare talk bad about a player who never slacked, never gave up even though he knew this wasn't going to be his team less than 24 hours from that final game! He deserves to be praised for the way he handled that--not put down by you arrogant jelous "hockey fans"!

Keep your childish insults for the playground. Grow up and mature a little. Apart from saying he walked out, how did I say anything about his character? Did I say he was a headcase, a slacker, a dopehead, a arrogant *****? Nope.

Look at the facts, he threatened to walk out if not traded, he wasn't traded, so he walked out. That's all there is to it. Whether he played hard for the ice dogs or not doesn't change the fact he walked out on them. Whether he's a nice kid or not, he walked out. His agent wasn't playing the games, his agent doesn't control him like a puppet, he chose to walk out. Giving a team an ultimatum and walking out doesn't make it any less walking out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
JNRhockeyGURU said:
::puts down rob schremp fan club card::
::picks up the ever popular rob schremp bashing club card::

ah yes, now i'm thinking clearly! Why didn't i see it all before? Him wanting out of a place that he felt wasn't best for him---- what a horrid act of selfishness!!!!!!!!

So if he walks out on the NHL team that drafts thats OK too if that NHL team sucks?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
JNRhockeyGURU said:
what you seem not to be grasping in your posts atleast, is that he didnt play 3 games and then demand a trade....he demanded a trade and then played 3 games!

Demanding who you play for....i seem to remember a 91' pick that did a pretty similar thing with out it hurting his draft status one bit...
After all....this is a huge issue with these kids entering the OHL...every year when the OHL draft rolls around you hear "player X wouldnt play for team Y." These aren't men doing it as a profession yet, it's JUNIOR players trying to play where they think it will do best for their career...and that is ALL rob tried to accomplish

Well he isn't half that player and we know what a headcase pain in the ass he/family was to deal with.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
fanofohl15 said:
just read the profile on robbie in younggunshockey.com, if you havent read it, do so. this is probably the most accurate article i've read in a while. their conclusion says it all!!

younggunshockey: "So, Robbie Schremp’s season ends under dubious conditions – just as it started. If Schremp isn’t picked within the first 5 picks of this year’s Entry Draft, the team acquiring him could wind up with the steal of the draft"

They have him listed 11th. go figure that one out.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Boomhower said:
I'm more concerned with certain aspects of Schremp's game at this point, than I am with certain aspects of his personality/character.
I agree - the defensive side of his game needs a lot of work, and I noticed a few times that he (selfishly?) kept the puck and tried to make the fancy play when Wideman was calling for the puck. That's just not the way to impress your teammates and coaches.

He was stuck playing with Logan Hunter for most of the year, and then saw minimized time in playoffs, but I have yet to hear any public complaining or whining about his situation - that says a lot about his character as far as I'm concerned.

Divine Wind

Oilhitch said:
There are many many reasons for a player to ride the pine. Unless I hear from someone who knows him well enough to say "Robbie has an attitude problem" or something like that I say that if he is still around at 14 in the draft the Oilers must grab him.

If Schremp fell to 14th, i would assume picard, Radulov, and all the other top tier forwards would be gone. I think the Oilers would draft him, unless we can't resign JDD before june 1st, then one of Montoya/Schwarz possibly.

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
Charlie_Girl49 said:
I agree - the defensive side of his game needs a lot of work, and I noticed a few times that he (selfishly?) kept the puck and tried to make the fancy play when Wideman was calling for the puck. That's just not the way to impress your teammates and coaches.

He was stuck playing with Logan Hunter for most of the year, and then saw minimized time in playoffs, but I have yet to hear any public complaining or whining about his situation - that says a lot about his character as far as I'm concerned.
very good post. he does need some work, he's only 17! just look at his stats, 75 pts. w/limited ice time and the line he was with, wow! i too have not heard or read any public complaining. just my thought, i don't see him going past #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad