the drop of robbie schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
TJF said:
Your right I don't know anything about the kid at all but just looking at the facts something has to be up with him. Earlier in the year he walked out on his junior team (Missisauga) and demanded a trade to a contender. Than he gets shipped off to London who did set the record for most points in a season. Than when the playoffs start his own coach and the guy who traded a lot to get him ends up benching one of his best offensive players for the most important series of the playoffs. I'm not spreading lies but if an outsider looks in on the Schremp situation you can clearly see that something just isn't right.
If an outsider looking in dosn't see that hunter played his "family members" instead of his best players than something is wrong. looks like to me that london used schremp so no other team would get him in a trade. he put up 75 pts for the regular season with limited ice time and 13 for the playoffs. he wasn't benched for any other reason than hunters stupidity. and as far as him walking out on missy, that's a lie!! he asked for a trade and continued to play for them, won games for them. his agent did set a deadline for the trade and missy didn't trade, the deadline came and robbie left. seems like people are jumping on the band wagon and labeling him as a problem. can anybody say he had trouble in either missy or london? has any of his team mates complained about him? i think if you ask around the answer is no to both. with as much talent as he has, theres no way he will go past #7 on june 26

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
hockeydad15 said:
If an outsider looking in dosn't see that hunter played his "family members" instead of his best players than something is wrong. looks like to me that london used schremp so no other team would get him in a trade. he put up 75 pts for the regular season with limited ice time and 13 for the playoffs. he wasn't benched for any other reason than hunters stupidity. and as far as him walking out on missy, that's a lie!! he asked for a trade and continued to play for them, won games for them. his agent did set a deadline for the trade and missy didn't trade, the deadline came and robbie left. seems like people are jumping on the band wagon and labeling him as a problem. can anybody say he had trouble in either missy or london? has any of his team mates complained about him? i think if you ask around the answer is no to both. with as much talent as he has, theres no way he will go past #7 on june 26

GREAT POST HOCKEYDAD! well said indeed! i second that

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
TJF said:
Yup that's true, not so much in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs but in the semi final against the Guelph Storm, a series which went 7 games Schremp was on the bench sometimes not even getting one shift at all during the 3rd period whether the Knights were winning or losing. Dale Hunter seems to have a problem with the kid, I think his drop in the draft order is definitely a result of him being labeled as a problem child. Still a very talented kid though just has the wrong attitude.

Dale Hunter is a tool. The guy would rather play Logan freaking Hunter than Rob Schremp. :banghead:

Anyways, Schremp has a lot of talent and all of the atitude talk that you sometimes hear is more or less bull. There's no problem with him, and he'll be a surefire NHL'er.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
hockeydad15 said:

Geez are you guys related to Schremp, I'm not bashing the kid, I agree with you all that he is an extremely talented player, I'm just saying that I THINK the issues surounding him will drop his stock a little, I honestly do believe he's a top 10 pick, but there will be a team affraid of taking him due to those issues. Now while it's true that Hunter did play his family members more than he played Schremp but at the sametime I can throw the argument out that the USA world junior team was still able to win gold despite not including Schremp on their roster. Which is another issue that might scare teams away because Schremp is definitely one of the top US born prospects around and he wasn't even part of their world junior team.

As for Schremp not leaving the Ice Dogs and demanding for a trade, that's BS, he left the team and went to Ann Arbour MI and practiced with a US development league team while awaiting a trade. He played the first few games of the season with the Ice Dogs and than demaded a trade and left them.

All and all I still think he's a sure fire NHLer but I wouldn't be suprised if a few teams pass on him due to some of the issues that have surounded him this season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
hockeydad15 said:
and as far as him walking out on missy, that's a lie!! he asked for a trade and continued to play for them, won games for them. his agent did set a deadline for the trade and missy didn't trade, the deadline came and robbie left.

In other words he didn't get his way so he walked out. I'm not sure how you can say its lie, he did it.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
TJF said:
Now while it's true that Hunter did play his family members more than he played Schremp but at the sametime I can throw the argument out that the USA world junior team was still able to win gold despite not including Schremp on their roster. Which is another issue that might scare teams away because Schremp is definitely one of the top US born prospects around and he wasn't even part of their world junior team.

what is that???????? that's like saying Wayne Gretzky is garbage because the Islanders were able to win 4 cups with out having him on their team????? makes no sense buddy! They won with out him, that's great for USA hockey....but that in no way says anything about him as a player! That just says something about the depth of US talent---and who's to say USA wouldn't have been a better team with him? absolutly insane statement!

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
me2 said:
In other words he didn't get his way so he walked out. I'm not sure how you can say its lie, he did it.

In other words you just pissed on what Hockeydad told you (which is very true, and this person obviously knows the facts) about Rob playing his heart out for Mississauga every single second he was a member of that franchise, right down to the last moment! You went right back to insulting the kids character! STOP BEING SO HARD HEADED AND OPEN UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE! Robbie didn't walk out, the team was given fair warning well in advance, and he took care of on ice affairs! If you want to insult him leaving the team, than talk trash about his agent....but don't dare talk bad about a player who never slacked, never gave up even though he knew this wasn't going to be his team less than 24 hours from that final game! He deserves to be praised for the way he handled that--not put down by you arrogant jelous "hockey fans"!

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
what is that???????? that's like saying Wayne Gretzky is garbage because the Islanders were able to win 4 cups with out having him on their team????? makes no sense buddy! They won with out him, that's great for USA hockey....but that in no way says anything about him as a player! That just says something about the depth of US talent---and who's to say USA wouldn't have been a better team with him? absolutly insane statement!

Ok so you telling me that teams won't take it into consideration? This is the biggest tournament a junior hockey player can play in, Schremp is considered one of the best US born junior players right now and for some reason the management team choose to leave him off the roster. There's definitely something wrong here, in less than a year he walked out on one team, wasn't included on the USA roster when everyone thought he was a sure bet to be on that team than gets benched in the playoffs by the team he was traded to.

Time to put your Robbie Schremp fan club card down and look at the facts, there a lot of issues surrounding him. Hell I'm a London fan, while I don't agree with what Hunter did I still think something had to happen between the two of them for him all of a sudden to bench one of his best players in the biggest series of the playoffs.

Again he's talented but teams will definitely take a good look into all the situations that unfolded with Schremp this season.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
In other words you just pissed on what Hockeydad told you (which is very true, and this person obviously knows the facts) about Rob playing his heart out for Mississauga every single second he was a member of that franchise, right down to the last moment! You went right back to insulting the kids character! STOP BEING SO HARD HEADED AND OPEN UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE! Robbie didn't walk out, the team was given fair warning well in advance, and he took care of on ice affairs! If you want to insult him leaving the team, than talk trash about his agent....but don't dare talk bad about a player who never slacked, never gave up even though he knew this wasn't going to be his team less than 24 hours from that final game! He deserves to be praised for the way he handled that--not put down by you arrogant jelous "hockey fans"!

It's not true at all, Schremp played the first 3 games of the season with the Ice Dogs than demanded a trade and left to Ann Arbour and practiced with the US develpment team while awaiting a trade from the Dogs.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
::puts down rob schremp fan club card::
::picks up the ever popular rob schremp bashing club card::

ah yes, now i'm thinking clearly! Why didn't i see it all before? Him wanting out of a place that he felt wasn't best for him---- what a horrid act of selfishness!!!!!!!!

Rob winning first star in his final game as an ice dog prior to leaving for Michigan--- Just rob being selfish again--trying to rub it in managment faces of the player they are losing!

Rob not being picked for USA WJC squad...the absolute nerve!! how dare he do that!!!!!!!!

Rob taking a benching form his coach in place of the talent filled cousin duo and taking it like a true professional! Placing his trust in the coach and doing what he thought was best for the team....god damn...WHO WOULD WANT SUCH A PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM???

NOT ME!

I think we should just lynch him now...public hanging perhaps....let Dr Holiday perform it infact while the rest of you hold torches screaming "Burn Schremp Burn"

Hopefully most of you were able to figure out that this post is written in a sarcastic tone and should be read that way :)

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
TJF said:
It's not true at all, Schremp played the first 3 games of the season with the Ice Dogs than demanded a trade and left to Ann Arbour and practiced with the US develpment team while awaiting a trade from the Dogs.

HERE LIES THE PROBLEM! wrong sequence of events---when you get the facts straight (which won't be hard to find because Hockeydad has already highlighted them in this very thread)...then post about what a terrible risk he is...but you probably won't even allow yourself to see the order in which things went down

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
::puts down rob schremp fan club card::
::picks up the ever popular rob schremp bashing club card::

ah yes, now i'm thinking clearly! Why didn't i see it all before? Him wanting out of a place that he felt wasn't best for him---- what a horrid act of selfishness!!!!!!!!

Rob winning first star in his final game as an ice dog prior to leaving for Michigan--- Just rob being selfish again--trying to rub it in managment faces of the player they are losing!

Rob not being picked for USA WJC squad...the absolute nerve!! how dare he do that!!!!!!!!

Rob taking a benching form his coach in place of the talent filled cousin duo and taking it like a true professional! Placing his trust in the coach and doing what he thought was best for the team....god damn...WHO WOULD WANT SUCH A PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM???

NOT ME!

I think we should just lynch him now...public hanging perhaps....let Dr Holiday perform it infact while the rest of you hold torches screaming "Burn Schremp Burn"

Hopefully most of you were able to figure out that this post is written in a sarcastic tone and should be read that way :)

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Finally now your seeing it like me, just kidding ofcourse, like I've already stated numerous times but have somehow been labeled a Schremp basher, I think he is a very talented player. There's no question about it, my whole point was that scouts will take into consideration all the mess that has surrounded him this year. After all walking out on any team is always frowned upon especially when that team ends up making the finals. If he does fall in the draft it will be for this reason alone, talent wise he is defintely a top 5 pick but the issues will likly drop him out of the top 10.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Oilhitch said:
There are many many reasons for a player to ride the pine. Unless I hear from someone who knows him well enough to say "Robbie has an attitude problem" or something like that I say that if he is still around at 14 in the draft the Oilers must grab him.

The kid would not play the defensive game that Dale Hunter wanted him too. He would consistently be caught out of position, and consistently take gambles that Hunter had warned him if he did again he would ride pine. So Hunter decided it was time for him to be on the bench and not give up turnovers and odd man rushes instead of his offensive upside which by many accounts "did not progress this year" from what it had last year.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
JNRhockeyGURU said:

Ok the kid and his agent gave the ice dogs a DEADLINE to TRADE him or else he would WALK OUT on them!!!!!!! in other words he WALKED OUT on his team when he didnt get his way. Doesnt really matter how he played for the dogs before he walked out and eventually got his own way.....Whiney kids in junior that demand trades often have their character questioned going into the draft, there is nothing further needed to be looked at to see why his stock has fallen. Not to mention some say hes degressed this year not progressed. He had a great top prospects game, and yet still showed his attitude in it even.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Ok the kid and his agent gave the ice dogs a DEADLINE to TRADE him or else he would WALK OUT on them!!!!!!! in other words he WALKED OUT on his team when he didnt get his way. Doesnt really matter how he played for the dogs before he walked out and eventually got his own way.....Whiney kids in junior that demand trades often have their character questioned going into the draft, there is nothing further needed to be looked at to see why his stock has fallen. Not to mention some say hes degressed this year not progressed. He had a great top prospects game, and yet still showed his attitude in it even.

Thank you that was the point I've been trying to make, Schremp played the first 3 games of the season for the Dogs, they got off to a great 3-0 start where Schremp pick up 6 points in those 3 games, everything seemed to be going well. Than Schremp demands a deal and bolts to Ann Arbor to play with a US Development team. Bottom line he walked out on his team. Schremp also told the Dogs to only trade him to either the London Knights, Sarnia Sting or Plymouth Whalers.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
TJF said:
Thank you that was the point I've been trying to make, Schremp played the first 3 games of the season for the Dogs, they got off to a great 3-0 start where Schremp pick up 6 points in those 3 games, everything seemed to be going well. Than Schremp demands a deal and bolts to Ann Arbor to play with a US Development team. Bottom line he walked out on his team. Schremp also told the Dogs to only trade him to either the London Knights, Sarnia Sting or Plymouth Whalers.

what you seem not to be grasping in your posts atleast, is that he didnt play 3 games and then demand a trade....he demanded a trade and then played 3 games!

Demanding who you play for....i seem to remember a 91' pick that did a pretty similar thing with out it hurting his draft status one bit...
After all....this is a huge issue with these kids entering the OHL...every year when the OHL draft rolls around you hear "player X wouldnt play for team Y." These aren't men doing it as a profession yet, it's JUNIOR players trying to play where they think it will do best for their career...and that is ALL rob tried to accomplish

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
what you seem not to be grasping in your posts atleast, is that he didnt play 3 games and then demand a trade....he demanded a trade and then played 3 games!

September 19, 2003 - Mississauga 1 Toronto 0
September 21, 2003 - Mississauga 7 Guelph 3 - Schremp 3 assists
September 28, 2003 - Mississauga 6 Guelph 3 - Schremp 2 goals 1 assit

According to this aritcle which is dated Wednesday October 1, 2003

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/031001/6/uwpx.html

TOP ROOKIE LEAVES ICEDOGS - The Ontario Hockey League's rookie of the year last season has left the Mississauga IceDogs to skate with USA Hockey's under-18 team.

Robbie Schremp left the IceDogs Sunday after demanding a trade to the London Knights, Sarnia Sting or Plymouth Whalers, according to the London Free Press.

The 17-year-old from Syracuse, N.Y., was drafted first overall by the IceDogs in 2002. Schremp's agent would not say why his client wanted out.

"Things unfortunately haven't worked out," Norton told the Free Press.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Sunday was September 28, after the last game he played with the dogs where he was voted as 1st star of the game. So it's pretty clear to see that Schremp played 3 games and than demanded a trade not the other way around. But if you want to keep switching the facts around to justify his actions than so be it.

hockeydad15

May 1, 2004
TJF said:
Geez are you guys related to Schremp, I'm not bashing the kid, I agree with you all that he is an extremely talented player, I'm just saying that I THINK the issues surounding him will drop his stock a little, I honestly do believe he's a top 10 pick, but there will be a team affraid of taking him due to those issues. Now while it's true that Hunter did play his family members more than he played Schremp but at the sametime I can throw the argument out that the USA world junior team was still able to win gold despite not including Schremp on their roster. Which is another issue that might scare teams away because Schremp is definitely one of the top US born prospects around and he wasn't even part of their world junior team.

As for Schremp not leaving the Ice Dogs and demanding for a trade, that's BS, he left the team and went to Ann Arbour MI and practiced with a US development league team while awaiting a trade. He played the first few games of the season with the Ice Dogs and than demaded a trade and left them. You have it sort of right. he asked for a trade, while playing 3 games(2 goals-3 assists), they set a deadline for a trade, missy didn't meet the trade deadline, he left for MI. i believe any gm can see through this whole hunter issue and see the talent this kid has, yes kid, just 18

All and all I still think he's a sure fire NHLer but I wouldn't be suprised if a few teams pass on him due to some of the issues that have surounded him this season.

fanofohl15

Mar 13, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
The kid would not play the defensive game that Dale Hunter wanted him too. He would consistently be caught out of position, and consistently take gambles that Hunter had warned him if he did again he would ride pine. So Hunter decided it was time for him to be on the bench and not give up turnovers and odd man rushes instead of his offensive upside which by many accounts "did not progress this year" from what it had last year.
Did this come from hunter himself? all these so called facts make me laugh, unless you are dale hunter or rob schremp than you don't know what was said. hell, hunter wouldn't address the question schremps agent asked, danced all around it! i have a pretty good idea not too long after june 26 you might hear a little more to this whole london issue. in the mean time could keep giving us quotes from the bench.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
TJF said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That Sunday was September 28, after the last game he played with the dogs where he was voted as 1st star of the game. So it's pretty clear to see that Schremp played 3 games and than demanded a trade not the other way around. But if you want to keep switching the facts around to justify his actions than so be it.

stop making that claim! that article is wrong---well probably not wrong--just the author miswording it! Everyone---even people who know next to nothing about the facts of what happened---acknowlege that the team was trying to trade him for a long time prior to that! Talks about him wanting out happened when Ludzik was fired....and then all through out training camp! I don't know when the actual request was made, but it sure as hell wasn't the night of his final game with London...even Schremp haters will atest to that!

fanofohl15

Mar 13, 2004
just read the profile on robbie in younggunshockey.com, if you havent read it, do so. this is probably the most accurate article i've read in a while. their conclusion says it all!!

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
fanofohl15 said:
just read the profile on robbie in younggunshockey.com, if you havent read it, do so. this is probably the most accurate article i've read in a while. their conclusion says it all!!
I agree with the profile, but I think it is odd that they give him a raving review suggesting he should be a top 5 pick and then rate him out of the top 10.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
JNRhockeyGURU said:
stop making that claim! that article is wrong---well probably not wrong--just the author miswording it! Everyone---even people who know next to nothing about the facts of what happened---acknowlege that the team was trying to trade him for a long time prior to that! Talks about him wanting out happened when Ludzik was fired....and then all through out training camp! I don't know when the actual request was made, but it sure as hell wasn't the night of his final game with London...even Schremp haters will atest to that!

Honestly i have yet to see what you are trying to argue here? You are arguing that Schremp demanded a trade and then played 3 games........ SO WHAT! He Demanded a trade, and that is the entire problem. He is a young kid playing junior hockey. It is not an everyday occurence for Junior players to be demanding trades either for the record. The kid DEMANDED a trade, which brings his character big time into question. :joker: @ calling people Schremp haters. The kid's got a decent game he however is a headcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->