free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Any news on Palms?

hurts.gif

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You realise the Isles got their mega arena barring it falling apart which is beyond incredibly unlikely? They are as likely to move as the Leafs which is a polite way of saying no f***ing chance.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
fun fact…… -40 is the same in C as it is in F…only time the two match up ……. and then theres this Kelvin ****

lol
I remember once going skiing in Mnt Tremblant north of Montreal. Was listening to the radio up there and heard something about it being -45 the next day (either the low or the wind chill) and we ere like HOLY S**T. Then I thought to myself, oh, that's celsius. About three seconds later, I came to the realization that -45C is COLDER than -45F.

I also remember the first run down the next morning. My friend and I stopped half way down the mountain and looked at each other and said "Umm... does YOUR head hurt too?" We were getting slurpee brain-freeze just from skiing.

Reactions: njdevils1982

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
You realise the Isles got their mega arena barring it falling apart which is beyond incredibly unlikely? They are as likely to move as the Leafs which is a polite way of saying no ****ing chance.

lighthouse...

ill believe it when i see it. but isles arent going anywhere i get that.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
well said. Re: tho?

so i think we both agree the panthers are not going to be profitable where they are located.

wouldnt a new arena in miami gardens be better? or why not go in and play with the heat.

maybe you are right maybe i am getting on the panthers too much. but why do these teams get breaks? if we dont move the panthers, dont move arizona, dont move carolina, and dont move the isles...... guess who is next on the list.

this league has markets who could fill buildings. seattle has a team so scratch that....
houston, kansas city, quebec, and milwaukee come to mind. how long do we need to give these teams? moving the devils in 95' was absurd.... and moving them now would be absurd. lets focus on the teams who dont draw and sadly the cats are in that discussion. if they stay in sunrise they wont draw. thats a fact. they dont seem to be moving from there anytime soon so what is the point?

Miami Gardens would just be as bad. There is nothing around there and still a pain to get there. It's fine for a once a week NFL game, but not for a for a multi-times a week sport.

American Airlines Arena has a Brooklyn problem as they arena wasn't built to accommodate a full ice rink. The sight lines would be bad and you would have a ton of obstructed view seats.

That isn't to say the team can't be profitable. Frankly they might already be or close to as BB&T is a top concert venue in the area and the Panthers lease gives them almost all of that money. Give them stable management and some years of success under the belt they have the capability of building something.

Why do we have to move any teams (though I think Arizona will end up moving to Houston timed to Seattle entering the league)?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
lighthouse...

ill believe it when i see it. but isles arent going anywhere i get that.
This isn't Nassau County politics, this is the governor's pet project that isn't going to be stopped. At best the NIMBYS slightly delay it. Morbidly obese crapweasel Kate Murray can't stop this, and that's the best thing of all: those Nassau politicians are going to be stuck with the Coliseum being a gigantic worthless white elephant in a few years.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Blake Coleman is 1 point shy of equalling John Madden's rookie season of 25 points

You know, 4 months ago, I just didn't think he would be as impactful as Madden. I thought he'd be a good, speedy, defensive guy that's a good agitator and good 4th liner, but not a true two-way spark plug the way Madden was.

It's still early, but man, that SHG tonight, that was an elite shot, and his handle is superb. My doubts are melting away.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I wish I had the clip, but I remember in the playoffs, coming back from commercial in one of our games, they had a clip of a couple officials talking to each other about Madden, saying something like "Yeah, that guy had like 6 shorthanded goals this season".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad