Post-Game Talk: The Devil's In the Details, Leafs Win 5-2

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's not rational to say he wasted 5 years at all.

Should the Leafs have had more success? I would say yes.

But there is no linear path that is an absolute.

Dubas coulsn't make Matthews or Marner score more in a game 6 or 7.

Regardless, as of now there are still a lot of guys he brought in on the roster. If they make a run, or heaven forbid win, he will still be a part of it.

Tavares signed
Brodie signed
Samsonov signed
McMann signed

Gio trade
McCabe trade

Robertson draft
Knies draft
Holmberg draft

That is 40% of the roster.
and here we go , lol

and i'm sure Tre would rather have had the 16m in cap space rather than JT and Brodie on the books

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Not sold on the goaltending at all. Sammy played well last year, but then his playoff save % was .895. so clearly his good regular season did not carry over to the playoffs at all. I am not pushing the narrative that Woll should start game 1, this is just me being very concerned about the goaltending in general.
Playoffs are a very small sample size. He had a .912 if you skip the drubbing we took in game 1. And he was notably injured the entire playoffs which everyone seems to gloss over. He played through an injury the entire time and still did what no goalie has done for us in 20 years prior. The most important game of that series he won almost single handed (game 6).

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
and here we go , lol

and i'm sure Tre would rather have had the 16m in cap space rather than JT and Brodie on the books
Best case scenario is Tre repeats what Burke did with Anaheim.

Murray built the team up for a bit, couldn't get over the hump, Burke comea in and adds the right pieces and they win the Cup.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008

Murray built the team up for a bit, couldn't get over the hump, Burke comea in and adds the right pieces and they win the Cup.
Sign me up!

That said, Burke had the opportunity to bring in Pronger and Neidermeyer. Not exactly hidden gems.

Was Murray the GM in Ottawa that year when Anaheim bounced them? That would sting.

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sign me up!

That said, Burke had the opportunity to bring in Pronger and Neidermeyer. Not exactly hidden gems.

Was Murray the GM in Ottawa that year when Anaheim bounced them? That would sting.
Lol. Yes. Pronger and Neidermeyer were certainly key reasons why they won.

Sign me up!

Murray got hired right after Ott lost to the Ducks if I remember correctly. Hopefully someone knows for sure

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

the vast majority of fans don't follow the sport to worship whoever the GM of their favorite team is , the Dubas and Burke cults for some reason can never understood this

if we win the cup this year no one who wanted Dubas fired first thoughts will be to run on here and praise Tre but the Dubie crowd will be racing to post how their boy should be getting all the credit . lol

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
the vast majority fans don't follow the sport to worship whoever the GM of their favorite to is , the Dubas and Burke cults for some reason can never understood this

if we win the cup this year no one who wanted Dubas fired first thoughts will be to run on here and praise Tre but the Dubie crowd will be racing to post how their boy should be getting all the credit . lol
I really hope that is not the case and we arecl all too busy celebrating, or trying to recover from the shock that will overwhelm our senses to care who the GM is

Reactions: TMLife17

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
What did he say?
He was saying that they should have done everything to get Matthews out there to possibly grab an empty netter; even jokingly said plant him on the Devils' blue line lol.

Reactions: bax

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I really hope that is not the case and we arecl all too busy celebrating, or trying to recover from the shock that will overwhelm our senses to care who the GM is
Anyone slinging any kind of crap after a cup win here should be banned. Unless it’s towards every other fan base in which case they have everything they get coming to them.

Personally I know I’m getting banned if we win it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
the vast majority fans don't follow the sport to worship whoever the GM of their favorite team is , the Dubas and Burke cults for some reason can never understood this

Who even are the Dubas cults? I think it's a figment of some people's imaginations. There are certainly people who are obsessed with Dubas, and continuously post their anger regarding him... but I don't really see much of anyone being loyal to him.

Reactions: kb

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

Agreed. It's not uncommon for one guy to build off the base built by prior management teams.

Reactions: kb and Jojalu

Burquhart

Jan 18, 2015
Anyone slinging any kind of crap after a cup win here should be banned. Unless it’s towards every other fan base in which case they have everything they get coming to them.

Personally I know I’m getting banned if we win it.
If this happens, I'm going to be responding to snide comments from the past decade or so on dozens of different forums and social media sites. I will spend days.

• Love
Reactions: TMLife17

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Who even are the Dubas cults? I think it's a figment of some people's imaginations. There are certainly people who are obsessed with Dubas, and continuously post their anger regarding him... but I don't really see much of anyone being loyal to him.
Check out the "Brad Treleving is doing a great job" thread.

A lot of it is just continuing to support many of his moves (there's one poster who claims JT is still an $11M player this year), but I'm happy to see that they have been pretty quiet recently.

Reactions: ToneDog

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Exactly. It's called projection. There is one poster here with over 21000 posts, and I am sure 20,999 are either Dubas rants or attacking posters who give even a hint of praise.

Some people need to get a life. Misery, hate, and anger is not a place anyone wants to live in permanently.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Most of them have disappeared or stopped defending him but there is one who never will. LOL.

Reactions: rumman and hotpaws

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Check out the "Brad Treleving is doing a great job" thread.

A lot of it is just continuing to support many of his moves (there's one poster who claims JT is still an $11M player this year), but I'm happy to see that they have been pretty quiet recently.
Not hating someone =/= cultist

Might need to brush up here.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Knies has put up 3G and 7 pts in his last 8 games. Robertson has 3G and 5 pts in this last 7 games.

McMann has put up 1G and 1 pt in his last 7 games.

McMann is cold right now, but the kids are starting to show their stuff.

I say keep Domi, let Bert walk, and spend money on D/G and or an #2/3C.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Most of them have disappeared or stopped defending him but there is one who never will. LOL.
they were out in full force early on when the team the team and a few of Tre's additions got off to a slow start but have pretty much gone into hiding since the team and Bert/Domi picked it up

now there's only a few trying to act like they didn't worship every move he made especially since the summer of Dumbass in Pitt turned to shit and are making sarcastic comments how the non Dubie fans are obsessed with him , lol

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman and ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad