Proposal: The Devils desperately need goaltending, and are willing to overpay

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You have a readily available post history that you are clearly embarrassed about so you want to say " creepy"? A deep dive? That takes less than 30 seconds. Maybe 30 seconds of thought is a lot for you. For most people it's nothing. Take the loss instead of trying to distract with personal insults and bringing in other teams into the conversation.

Nothing disingenuous at all. Do you want me to mock you for Boqvist? What does he have to do with the conversation? Did you bring Boqvist into the poll? Keep dancing. You were trying to shoehorn Ty Smith to be in the conversation with Makar and Hughes Because that's the type of player you thought he was competing with talent wise. You call him un tradeable. You saw him as a blue chip prospect. What are you getting upset over?
I think you have to take more than player value into account when you look at this sort of thing. For example, with Casey, it's more than just he's a very good prospect. He presents the possibility of getting value from an ELC. When the team is spinning its wheels that's not that big of a deal, but for NJ, that matters now. They have committed to their core and paid accordingly. I think that's ultimately why NJ fans were not interested in a Hellebuck trade. He's an older goalie that doesn't fit their timeline and he's built up all his goodwill in WPG. There's no shame in that and WPG kept him as they should. NJ is still a young developing team and you'd exepect the fanbase to still value prospects higher than a mature team that is trying to push a window open for an extra season or two. Look at Washington or Pittsburgh. A trade for Hellebuyck to them would have made total sense. Maybe Toronto too.

Reactions: HBK27

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You have a readily available post history that you are clearly embarrassed about so you want to say " creepy"? A deep dive? That takes less than 30 seconds. Maybe 30 seconds of thought is a lot for you. For most people it's nothing. Take the loss instead of trying to distract with personal insults and bringing in other teams into the conversation.

Nothing disingenuous at all. Do you want me to mock you for Boqvist? What does he have to do with the conversation? Did you bring Boqvist into the poll? Keep dancing. You were trying to shoehorn Ty Smith to be in the conversation with Makar and Hughes Because that's the type of player you thought he was competing with talent wise. You call him un tradeable. You saw him as a blue chip prospect. What are you getting upset over?
you are gaining many titles would you like another one? Hypocritical!

I'm not upset at all. your the one weaving webs, You tell me to keep dancing when you convieniently do the same by dancing around the fact that Boqvist was part of the poll. Am I wrong in thinking that Ty Smith was better then Boqvist thus deserving of being in the poll?
I like where Stanley is heading. Comparing him Chara is ridiculous and to Parayko is a stretch. Let's hope he becomes a 2nd pairing version of Oleksiak before we get to crazy here.

Thinking Stanley a 2016 draft pick could turn out to be like Oleksiak in 2021? Wow...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad