Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs the Presidents Trophy Winners, Take 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockTheRedDC

Apr 26, 2013
I think CBJ move to WC1 and Caps will face them in 1st round. We will meet Pens in 2nd round as usual.

Wish to meet Pens in 1st round and Canes\Isles in 2nd. Give CBJ to Tampa in 1st. Don't think is going to happen.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Just saw this on TSN.com: "It's the milestone as a goal scorer," said Lightning captain Steven Stamkos, who has reached the 50-goal mark twice in his career. "He's done it plenty of times. That's why he's been the best goal scorer in the last 10, 15 years for a reason and he did it again tonight."

Coming from Stamkos, who’s been arguably second to Ovie all the years in pure goal scoring terms, that’s really something.
Wow that is a good quote that I like and didn't misread as saying Stamkos was better at all good quote I like

Last edited:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I have a question, what the heck does Wilson say to these guys on the ice to get them so mad. He makes every team mad, including coaches and GMs

There is no way that he is making them so mad by just playing like he does

2-3 games ago, I was watching Willy after every play use the P word as calmly and freely to every opponent like he was teaching language lessons on how to say it. And by the P word, it's not the word pansy (although it has been used as a synonym).

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
More delusion - Jesus Christ how can you say with a straight face that stamkos is better than Ovi and use 50 goal seasons as the reason given his historic milestone?! Honestly speechless .
giphy.gif

Reading Is Fundamental

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Apparently Cernak tweeted out that Willy broke his pinky in their fight. If true, do not like. :(

Oh wow that sucks. At least hes still ok to play.

I remember Backstrom played with a broken finger last playoffs. Looked painful. Like a balloon

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I have a question, what the heck does Wilson say to these guys on the ice to get them so mad. He makes every team mad, including coaches and GMs

There is no way that he is making them so mad by just playing like he does
I believe that he extends multiple invitations to opponents purporting to be tough to demonstrate how tough they really are, and the vast majority of those opponents discover they're not interested in finding out, and that leaves them feeling sheepish

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
More delusion - Jesus Christ how can you say with a straight face that stamkos is better than Ovi and use 50 goal seasons as the reason given his historic milestone?! Honestly speechless .

Actually I believe Cali was saying Stamkos has been the 2nd best pure goal scorer during their time in the league, and it is 100 percent correct:

As of today Ovie's Goals per game: .609
As of today Stamkos goals per game: .524
Yes folks, Stamkos is 2nd and it's really by that big a margin.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Apparently Cernak tweeted out that Willy broke his pinky in their fight. If true, do not like. :(

Who's pinky? Wilson's or...? That would explain why Wilson went to the locker room after being in the box for a while. As long as its not an Orpik like severed pinky, I think it will be alright

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
RMNB said the finger diagnosis is unconfirmed and the site that reported it (a Cernak fan blog on CZE) took it down when they inquired about it. Likely nothing to see here.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
RMNB said the finger diagnosis is unconfirmed and the site that reported it (a Cernak fan blog on CZE) took it down when they inquired about it. Likely nothing to see here.

Thanks for sharing. But I still wonder. That is a lame injury to make up.

If I posted something I thought was true, say I saw a doctor looking at a doctor pulling a tooth out of someones pinky, and someone came a knocking.... why set out to try to prove what you only saw, when you can just delete a post made on the internet.

Disclosing of hockey injuries this time of year has to be VERY frowned upon, so someone saying something is going to draw a lot of heat awful fast.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I thought the quote was saying it about Stamkos (read while walking to the gym).

Misread - sharpen those pitch forks, one mistake makes me a complete moron apparently.

Either way my distaste was never aimed at Cali.

I'll be gathering the press for a formal apology at 12pm ET, I can only hope HF boards can accept without my resignation.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I thought the quote was saying it about Stamkos (read while walking to the gym).

Misread - sharpen those pitch forks, one mistake makes me a complete moron apparently.

Either way my distaste was never aimed at Cali.

I'll be gathering the press for a formal apology at 12pm ET, I can only hope HF boards can accept without my resignation.
:laugh:

Never thought it was aimed at me. The outrage was hilarious tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad