Post-Game Talk: The Defending Stanley Cup Champs vs the Florida Swamp Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ve really had about enough of Forsyth’s PP. On many levels. I think they need to take a hard look this offseason at this unless there is playoff success on the PP. Zone entries; how many times are we going to try breaking through a stacked line before we dump it in? Was like a bird repeatedly flying into a window.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Zone entries; how many times are we going to try breaking through a stacked line before we dump it in? Was like a bird repeatedly flying into a window.
At least the bird eventually dies and you don’t have to watch any more collisions. That PP incompetence seemed to go on forever

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Objectively, the PP where we allowed the shorty was worse than the PP w/ 7 min left. But i mean, not by much. That one w/ 7 min left was one of the worst-looking PPs in memory. Just gaining the redline seemed like near impossible task
Listening to the Panther broadcast Potvin said something to the effect "I'm going to say something about the Capitals no team wants to hear..they are being lazy."..haha

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Orlov, as someone mentioned, is really rounding into shape. Bodes well for us. Backstrom needs to be next, he’s been truly awful.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
We have beaten every possible playoff team in a series sans Montreal and Carolina if my mind serves me right during the Ovi era. Not really overly scared of anyone at the moment.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I’ve really had about enough of Forsyth’s PP. On many levels. I think they need to take a hard look this offseason at this unless there is playoff success on the PP. Zone entries; how many times are we going to try breaking through a stacked line before we dump it in? Was like a bird repeatedly flying into a window.

And you just know our playoff opponent's coaching staff will be watching video of it and using it against us.
Wasn't the PP first in the league for the first, um, 20 games of the season? What happened the last 60??

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
And you just know our playoff opponent's coaching staff will be watching video of it and using it against us.
Wasn't the PP first in the league for the first, um, 20 games of the season? What happened the last 60??
And the past several years at or near the top. All under the now-reviled Forsythe. IMO, the difference is Kuzy's effort. If he wants to play the way he can, the PP works. If he doesn't, it doesn't. They were 28% in the 3 games before tonight, but that's 0/3 vs Carolina in 2 games and 2/5 vs. Tampa.

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Backstrom's -3 is very much a symbol of a scheduled loss -- too bad the regular season couldn't end with that win over Tampa, heh.

No injuries, all's well.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Holy Christmas. There is a meltdown going on here over that game? The pp is the worst. People need to be fired. Backstrom has been truely awful? They have about the best record in the league since the trade deadline. They fell for the trap game. BFD.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Holy Christmas. There is a meltdown going on here over that game? The pp is the worst. People need to be fired. Backstrom has been truely awful? They have about the best record in the league since the trade deadline. They fell for the trap game. BFD.

They didn’t “fall” for anything. They failed to show up prepared to compete. 1/82, next.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Figured it would be a stinker after the TB game.

Really tho, I don't think the team cares about the remainder of games. Nor do they care about where they finish or who they play. This is a very good team, I think they are better than they were last year heading into the playoffs.

Yep - well said. Tampa was our last game of the season.... I think hence Copley getting the start.

I know he was 6-0 but players have a pulse on the situation, and lets them take their foot off the gas when the see the backup. As if there was every any doubt, just look to see how hard Oshie Orpik Orlov Ovi and Wilson are hitting, to see if we are really trying to win or not.

Avoiding injury, and avoiding our starting goalie getting torched, is winning. If I were Cooper, I am not sure I would have started Vasil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad