The blind hate of Polak

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I don't think there's been a coherent argument for his inclusion on the team

If he's awful 5v5 and the PK isn't significantly better with him on it why play him? Besides thinking he's a great guy?

The Bozak line gets butter soft usage no matter what zone there in, those are some of the cushier minutes in the NHL

Bozak plays the most minutes with Gardiner.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The Leafs love this guy because he’s a good teammate and gym monster who’ll be pushing our young weaklings like Marner in the gym.
He’s built like a brick shithouse but on the ice he is exposed whenever the puck is on his stick.
I think even Ric Natress had more puck skills combined with speed than Polak

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Leafs love this guy because he’s a good teammate and gym monster who’ll be pushing our young weaklings like Marner in the gym.
He’s built like a brick ****house but on the ice he is exposed whenever the puck is on his stick.
I think even Ric Natress had more puck skills combined with speed than Polak
can't they just hire him as a personal trainer?

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
At least try to come up with a coherent argument in Polaks favour

This is the same argument people use when Komarov starts in OT and Martin plugs up 5 minutes a game

It's hard to defend because it's head scratching to say the least
Are you daft? An NHL team employees a player in a certain fashion. How much more of an argument does a person need?

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
assume you mean employs. you need a real argument, since teams can and do regularly make mistakes with personnel decisions
Do they? Says who? You? It’s a real easy fix if they felt it is a mistake to play a player. Obviously they don’t. It’s just armchair GMS that have zero clue that do.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He can't even break a 50.00CF% playing with the Bozak line which has the living **** sheltered out of it and he's getting curb stomped everywhere else

If he's doing an ugly job it's not decent, it's ugly

I'd call it unreasonable not to criticize him
So playing with your favs Bozak and JVR is supposed to be helping him?
Kiwi!! Really? They are sheltered for a reason. If anything you've nailed the reason why the puck is in our end so much when he's on the ice.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So playing with your favs Bozak and JVR is supposed to be helping him?
Kiwi!! Really? They are sheltered for a reason. If anything you've nailed the reason why the puck is in our end so much when he's on the ice.
Marner, Bozak, and JVR all do well in cf% and xgf%, mainly because they are sheltered. so yeah it helps him

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I don't hate him but he's definitely a marginal NHLer at this point. I think his work effort and intensity is a positive for the young guys. He also was pretty damn good down the stretch last year. He shouldn't be a lock in the lineup night in and night out but he's a nice option to have in the mix

Reactions: Kelly

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Weren't you agreeing with that 93leafs guy that the Bozak line wasn't sheltered, when i said they were? Lol... Dumpster fire
what do you mean? Kadri and Matthews draw the tough competition so that Babcock can get Bozak out against easier competition. I've never said otherwise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad