The blind hate of Polak

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Sometimes I think fans on this team will just blindly blame Polak just because.

Martin gets into a fight and loses?

"that wuss, Polak, why is he still on this team, he can't even do the one thing we pay him for"

Kadri blows a tire on a break away

"What the hell Polak! Why can't you skate!"

Babcock sends out Marincin for the shoot out

"WTF Polak! Why are you sending out that scrub, where's Matthews!"

He's not that bad guys, in fact he's the best defensive defenceman we have on this team

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No, he’s pretty much a plug with the puck right now. His physicality is nice, but that gets neutralized by the fact he gives up so many penalties to the opposition. Yes, he’s not the biggest problem with the team at the moment, but i also don’t understand why people like him.

He’s a #7 at best right now.

Reactions: stickty111

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He is a scapegoat. He is getting the usual scapegoat treatment.

And no, he is not the best defensive defenseman we have. Unless you limit that to defensemen who have limited ability to handle the puck, in which case you are right. Mostly because he competes against himself.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Horrific statline, horrific showing on ice, horrific penalties every game.

Yeah. Blind Hate.... sure.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He's an awful hockey player. He shouldn't be playing. But he is because PK and 'he plays the right way" and is tough

That being said I do believe people look for every little mistake he makes just to complain about him some more, and complain about things that weren't his fault but was loosely related to him. None of the lame OP ones happen though.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
he does have a lot of negatives, but people do TOTALLY IGNORE his positives, i mean hes a big tough man to play against in our zone, hes hard and physical on you behind net, infront of net, and along boards, and well babcocks loves the guy so

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The guy is absolute trash

Ya sure he tries hard... but guess what... he still f***ing sucks

He makes us trash

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
he does have a lot of negatives, but people do TOTALLY IGNORE his positives, i mean hes a big tough man to play against in our zone, hes hard and physical on you behind net, infront of net, and along boards, and well babcocks loves the guy so

More like, he is easy to skate by, easy to pass through and is much more likely to get a penalty when someone comes close. He fails to make simple passes, constantly ices the puck putting the team at a disadvantage and the majority of his offense is by mistake.

Other teams when they see him on the ice are stoked, for sure.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
He was actually pretty good in the 2nd half of last year before his injury . I could see how the coach likes him for his intangibles but it would be more awesome if all our defenders were perfect bro

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
He was actually pretty good in the 2nd half of last year before his injury . I could see how the coach likes him for his intangibles but it would be more awesome if all our defenders were perfect bro

There's a reason why it's called intangibles. It literally means nothing. It's not something that makes a measurable or worthy impact on the game.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He doesn't p
He's an awful hockey player. He shouldn't be playing. But he is because PK and 'he plays the right way" and is tough

That being said I do believe people look for every little mistake he makes just to complain about him some more, and complain about things that weren't his fault but was loosely related to him. None of the lame OP ones happen though.

He doesn't play rigjt though. Hebis a defensive liability actually. Toronto Maple Leafs: Babcock’s Bad Habit

He is dragging the team down and works his goaltender to death. One defenseman in the league with 20 games gives up more shot 60 against.

The penalties, terrible skater, coughs up pucks all the time. He's a sh!t show.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
There's a reason why it's called intangibles. It literally means nothing. It's not something that makes a measurable or worthy impact on the game.
I heard so much about Toews' intangibles before his elite winger crew was ousted from Chicago for cap reasons. He's never looked elite since then.

people bringing up intangibles is one hell of a futile effort to defend this trainwreck of a player.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He doesn't p

He doesn't play rigjt though. Hebis a defensive liability actually. Toronto Maple Leafs: Babcock’s Bad Habit

He is dragging the team down and works his goaltender to death. One defenseman in the league with 20 games gives up more shot 60 against.

The penalties, terrible skater, coughs up pucks all the time. He's a sh!t show.

There's a reason why "plays the right way" is in quotes.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I really believe the whole issue lies with Hyman and his good play this season. If he were shooting at an incredibly low sh% all the hate would be his and polak could hide in his shadow
Damn you Hyman!!!!

Reactions: rojac

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He's effective on the PK but he's had a tendency for taking penalties. Decent enough value for his contract and good on him for battling back from injury. Imagine this season will be it though for his Leaf tenure. To be fair, I thought that after last season due to the injury and that we'd be more likely to re-sign Hunwick of the two.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I really believe the whole issue lies with Hyman and his good play this season. If he were shooting at an incredibly low sh% all the hate would be his and polak could hide in his shadow
Damn you Hyman!!!!
San Jose went to the finals with Polak. Surely being the contender we are, 1 no. 6 D man among 12 forwards and 5 other D shouldn't sink us into oblivion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad