Recalled/Assigned: The Black Aces - Wilson Recalled Tuesday, Dumoulin & Harrington on Sunday

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I really like Wilson. He has been an absolute beast in the A this year, and he didn't get a chance in the NHL with his injury. I mean he only played 1 period before his injury.

He really should play over a few of the bums we have...

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Wasn't Wilson the one who got hurt on his first shift? Lets hope he can last longer this time around.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
To me it makes a lot more sense to have either of these d-men in instead of Lovejoy. I think Wilson will depend on Downie. If Downie is able to effectively rustle some jimmies and not spend the entire time in the penalty box, Wilson won't play. If Downie is ineffective, Wilson will see 3rd line minutes.

And then injuries would obviously have some kind of impact.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Wasn't Wilson the one who got hurt on his first shift? Lets hope he can last longer this time around.

He was.

IIRC, he was also the guy the team let skate a lap around the ice on his own when coming out for the pregame skate. :laugh:

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
To me it makes a lot more sense to have either of these d-men in instead of Lovejoy. I think Wilson will depend on Downie. If Downie is able to effectively rustle some jimmies and not spend the entire time in the penalty box, Wilson won't play. If Downie is ineffective, Wilson will see 3rd line minutes.

And then injuries would obviously have some kind of impact.

Can he PK? I honestly am asking, because anyone that can PK should take Adams or Lappy's place.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He was.

IIRC, he was also the guy the team let skate a lap around the ice on his own when coming out for the pregame skate. :laugh:

Yep. Anyone who watched him in the A know if he can play RW. I don't see an opening on LW or center.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I expect at least one of the dmen to play if not both, Wilson will be on Nacho duty until we're 2-0 down.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Maybe after the 1st game if Steve Downie goes for some rough justice on Marc Staal.

Quatro Quatro

May 29, 2014
Can he PK? I honestly am asking, because anyone that can PK should take Adams or Lappy's place.

Yeah I think he might take Lapierre's place. Maybe Spaling slots in at 4th line center, with Wilson as one of the wings. We all know Adams won't be in the lineup when game one rolls around. I don't see them calling him up and benching him, when he could be playing a top 6 role in the AHL.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
He's good for a game, maybe two of pure energy. Then the Rags will figure him out and he becomes kind of useless, since he can't really play with the puck very well.

That's all we need. We need energy, speed, and jump to start the playoffs. He is the ONLY guy, other than Megs possibly (or Kapanen but that's not realistic right now), that can put the other team on their heels with his speed.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah I think he might take Lapierre's place. Maybe Spaling slots in at 4th line center, with Wilson as one of the wings. We all know Adams won't be in the lineup when game one rolls around. I don't see them calling him up and benching him, when he could be playing a top 6 role in the AHL.

He's not taking Lappy's place. Faceoffs are huge on the PK and Lappy is the best we have.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
That's a shame because I honestly believe the recent call-ups will be able to provide a park both physically and mentally. You've got to remember, this is a team that's been playing with 5 D for about 10 odd games. These guys are going to come in and balance out the D as well as give us some speed and energy.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Curious to see how Wilson does this time around. Plus, he's a ginger, that's like a get out of the first round free card, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad