"The Big Dog" Eric Tangradi

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The fact that you would quote the Penguins coaching staff as a valid reason says it all.

Sure does.

The people who get paid millions of dollars to coach think he's a real good player.

You, who do not, think he isn't.

That says it all.

They are clearly biased. Therefore, it should be dismissed.

So everybody's opinion BUT yours should be dismissed? Makes a ton of sense to me. Ray Shero? Pfft, who the hell does he think he is? It's not like he has a Stanley Cup ring or anything.

Plus he's biased! He's obviously just keeping this scrub Tangradi around because he likes looking at his butt during warm-ups. Any objective GM would agree with you and ship him out.

Its a fact Taangradi played with Malkin for the bulk of the games I looked up. Yet you deny it.

I'm starting to see the level of intellect I'm dealing with here. Yikes. What did I deny? That Tangradi got premium ice-time with Malkin? Well yeah, because he didn't. Period. End of discussion. He spent less than half of his total ice-time with Malkin and virtually none of the PP time he received. Premium ice-time = top PP unit or big minutes on the top line. He got neither. He received decent ice-time, spent a reasonable amount of it with Malkin and the majority of it without. These are facts. You have opinions.

And Tangradi was not highly touted prior to the trade. Certain temas' prospects are always pumped up more. If he was still on Anaheim, no one would be talking about him. I consider him slow for the NHL, thats just my opinion, we just disagree. He doesnt execute at NHL speed. Not unlike a lot of rookies. Time & space are limited at this level.

Now you're just being disingenuous. Do you think it helps your case to make **** up?

You can't play the opinion card on a totally objective matter, btw.

"Tangradi is a bad player" is opinion.
"Tangradi is a slow skater" is not.

Tangradi's skating ability is a fact. You can observed it, compare it with other NHL players and evaluate it. There's very little room for opinion and certainly you going against what the vast majority of people actually involved in scouting and/or player development think and then trying to say it's just your opinion doesn't hold water.

I'll revisit this thread later. And my 'agenda' for those who ask, is some clear & rational opinions rather than spinning the usual BS.

You sound exactly like Bill O'Reilly. Except he's way smarter and less biased.

DuklaNation said:
Fact: most prospects dont cut it in the NHL. Ask yourself why.

You're probably sitting there with a smug look on your face saying to yourself, "it's skating, that's why". And you're wrong again. It's because they can't think the game fast enough. The biggest difference between a successful AHL and successful NHL player is that millisecond that they process the game faster. It's mostly mental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad