Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That's good. Guerrero is definitely way too young to be outright dismissed and sent to first base.

for the record, unlike hitting, there's no reason a prospect shouldn't develop his defense at the mlb level.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
while everyone is excited about Nola, Garcia may be on track for the better outing.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
for the record, unlike hitting, there's no reason a prospect shouldn't develop his defense at the mlb level.

Good point, although I have a difficult time overcoming my bias against chunky third basemen.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Watching Aaron Nola makes me miss 2016-Sanchez.

And by "miss" i mean "get pissed off at whoever is responsible for him randomly disappearing".

I blame Josh Thole. I mean he was on the 2016 roster and then he left and Sanchez went all to hell.

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Gentlemen, I have seen the enemy

1200px-Josh_Thole_April_2014.jpg

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
MLB.com's latest mock draft has us taking Kelenic. We seem to be hot and heavy on prep outfielders: Scott, Schnell, etc.

12. Blue Jays: Jarred Kelenic, OF, Waukesha (Wis.) West HS

Every Draft has a guy who seems to be considered by several teams, but doesn't quite make it to their top choice, and this year that may be Kelenic. The best high school hitter available, he may not be able to overcome the preference for collegians at the top or for prep arms right ahead of Toronto. If he's gone, the Blue Jays are on more prep bats such as Gorman, outfielder/wide receiver Jordyn Adams (North Carolina) and others who could drop into the 20s if they don't go 12 or 13: shortstop Xavier Edwards (Florida), third baseman Jordan Groshans (Texas) and catcher Noah Naylor (Canada).

I wonder if Griffin Conine makes it to pick 53, and if he did, whether we would take him. Power-hitting outfielder and another legacy player. :D

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Romano promoted to Buffalo. Bisons roster really taking shape now and the preaching of depth is becoming discernible.
He's only being called up for today's doubleheader. Will be back with New Hampshire after the start

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Romano promoted to Buffalo. Bisons roster really taking shape now and the preaching of depth is becoming discernible.

Some decent "young/long term depth" in Buffalo re: starting pitching which is needed very much.

Borucki
Reid-Foley
Romano

Pannone likely coming back next month or early July.

Jackson and Zeuch in AA.

Still need help to build up that depth.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Some decent "young/long term depth" in Buffalo re: starting pitching which is needed very much.

Borucki
Reid-Foley
Romano

Pannone likely coming back next month or early July.

Jackson and Zeuch in AA.

Still need help to build up that depth.

Mayza, Santos, Isaacs, Snead, Young (Happy B-Day), Shafer, Fisk. Some underrated bullpen depth in there.

Also if Patrick Murphy goes to the pen his FB/CB could be a legit combo.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I have a feeling we’ll deal Happ to the yanks at the deadline. They would be a good team to trade with because of the prospects they have. Not saying happ is bringing in a top end prospect but he should net a good return.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I have a feeling we’ll deal Happ to the yanks at the deadline. They would be a good team to trade with because of the prospects they have. Not saying happ is bringing in a top end prospect but he should net a good return.
who replaces Happ? will trading him really improve the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad