Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm not sure we've spent enough time talking about the fact that our 35yr old catcher played SS and looked....pretty, pretty good.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm telling ya...super utility Russ + Dan "The Boy" Jansen...You can roll with three catchers if you so choose.

All joking aside, LF at Fenway is essentially the ability to play shallow and properly judge how the ball hits off the wall. He'll be fine.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You know, as he approaches his first 100pa in AAA, it might be time to note that Alford is faceplanting worse than even Rowdy did last year - way, way worse. And is a year older.

He has an 18wrc+ in 94pa in AAA so far. Which is obviously atrocious. So bad that it almost demands him going back to AA.

hopefully he is playing through injury or something.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
You know, as he approaches his first 100pa in AAA, it might be time to note that Alford is faceplanting worse than even Rowdy did last year - way, way worse. And is a year older.

He has an 18wrc+ in 94pa in AAA so far. Which is obviously atrocious. So bad that it almost demands him going back to AA.

hopefully he is playing through injury or something.

Hamstring injuries suck.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I have some small quibbles with that article (which to be clear, are extremely semantic). If you're going to include trash years with similar cores like the 2012 Red Sox etc in windows, then the Jays 2013-2014 should be included as well. I'd even argue that 2006-2008 was a 'sustained attempt at winning playoff series' but can't exactly fault the author for not including a team that didn't finish within 8 games of a playoff spot. In fact from a quick look only a small handful of eras where teams finished with 3+ consecutive .500 and above seasons aren't included, and the Jays have two of them (1998-2000 and 2006-2008). Which speaks to the AL East of that era more than anything.

The money part, of course, is bang on (refer to the '85-'96 Jays).

Also as predicted, not trading Donaldson in the offseason will go down as a completely moronic move.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Osuna should be starting, Sanchez closing. Osuna has more pitches and better command.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Who would have thought that inheriting an old expensive team with the upper levels of the minors devoid of prospects with a significant potential for impact would not lead to an immediate contender...

Reactions: stickty111

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Who would have thought that inheriting an old expensive team with the upper levels of the minors devoid of prospects with a significant potential for impact would not lead to an immediate contender...
It really is mind blowing. Come in with a core of elite hitters all in their late primes to entering their declines and either tied to bad contracts or about to be leaving team friendly deals...and shockingly the team has gotten worse. If only they had locked up Bautista and EE long term like the internet visionaries this team would be pacing the league.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Poor old Donaldson he's the Blue Jays, Lupul, worth less every day, I'm worried we wont get a Supplemental pick because no one will give him more than a Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad