Player Discussion The Bad Granlund Phenomenon Part 4 (mod warning post #393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Thought exercise: Would Granlund be in the forward lineup of any of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs right now?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Thought exercise: Would Granlund be in the forward lineup of any of the 4 remaining teams in the playoffs right now?

Hard to say. I think he has a good chance of getting into the lineup with Washington. I play Granlund ahead of Walker and Boyd and Chiasson if I don't need his size.

I think he can get into Las Vegas' lineup as well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hard to say. I think he has a good chance of getting into the lineup with Washington. I play Granlund ahead of Walker and Boyd and Chiasson if I don't need his size.

There's no way he'd be playing for Vegas who are currently scratching Tomas Tatar who has averaged 25 goals/season for the last 4 years.

Maybe he'd play over a similar-level player in Chiasson for Washington.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Walker and Boyd have only been in for one game each, likely when Wilson was suspended. That’s a pretty damn low bar.

I wasn’t a fan of Chiasson in Ottawa but his career stats are fairly similar to Granlund. The difference is he’s 6’4 210lbs while Granlund is smaller and more fragile. Pretty easy choice for who I’d want on my fourth line in the playoffs.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Of course you would.

Funny though that you say Granlund would get in ahead of 2 players who only played 1 playoff game each these playoffs (due to injuries to their regulars), and a player who has outproduced Granlund this season.

Funny how you also think he could get into Vegas's lineup despite the fact that Vegas traded away a better player (Leipsic) for an AHLer because they didn't need him.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Hard to say. I think he has a good chance of getting into the lineup with Washington. I play Granlund ahead of Walker and Boyd and Chiasson if I don't need his size. I think he can get into Las Vegas' lineup as well.

Maybe Walker and Boyd (although Walker looked pretty good in game 6) but both were only in the lineup because of injuries/suspension. And Chiasson outscored Granlund this season.

Hard to say. I think he has a good chance of getting into the lineup with Washington. I play Granlund ahead of Walker and Boyd and Chiasson if I don't need his size. I think he can get into Las Vegas' lineup as well.
I'm not so sure.

Tomas Tatar has been a black ace for most of the playoffs and he's had four straight 20 goal seasons.

Even someone like Ryan Carpenter who was on waivers this year outproduced Granlund this season.

Maybe he'd make it in over Ryan Reaves but that's an extremely low bar and he's only played 1 game in this post-season.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I will say this. If we don't qualify Granlund this summer (we will so it's kind of a moot point), if I was running a competing NHL team he'd be a guy I'd look at on a $600k deal as a 12-13th forward. At that price, he's a useful, versatile depth spare part.

For this godawful crap team, no. You can't just keep bringing the same fringe players back when they've proven themselves to be nothing. This team needs roster turnover, new opportunities for new players to show they can be a part of the future, needs to integrate young players, needs to get bigger and faster.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
I will say this. If we don't qualify Granlund this summer (we will so it's kind of a moot point), if I was running a competing NHL team he'd be a guy I'd look at on a $600k deal as a 12-13th forward. At that price, he's a useful, versatile depth spare part.

For this godawful crap team, no. You can't just keep bringing the same fringe players back when they've proven themselves to be nothing. This team needs roster turnover, new opportunities for new players to show they can be a part of the future, needs to integrate young players, needs to get bigger and faster.
I’m sure any NHL team that you would run would be competitive.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Based on what?

If you want to dig through the poster's history, they have shown an ability to evaluate NHL talent at a couple orders of magnitude better than the existing management group, including pushing extremely hard for the signing of Jonathan Marchessault as a UFA 2-3 years ago and the drafting of Brayden Point in the 2014 Draft.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
There's no way he'd be playing for Vegas who are currently scratching Tomas Tatar who has averaged 25 goals/season for the last 4 years.

Maybe he'd play over a similar-level player in Chiasson for Washington.

Of course you would.

Funny though that you say Granlund would get in ahead of 2 players who only played 1 playoff game each these playoffs (due to injuries to their regulars), and a player who has outproduced Granlund this season.

Funny how you also think he could get into Vegas's lineup despite the fact that Vegas traded away a better player (Leipsic) for an AHLer because they didn't need him.

What I replied to is whether he would get into the lineup. Never said he would play every game.

The Knights have been and are winning so the coach isn't messing with the lineup. Normally, it would be insane that Tatar isn't in the lineup.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
What I replied to is whether he would get into the lineup. Never said he would play every game.

The Knights have been and are winning so the coach isn't messing with the lineup. Normally, it would be insane that Tatar isn't in the lineup.

And you just ignored our responses as to why he wouldn’t play. But hey, if you think getting into the lineup for 1 game is some cause for celebration....wow.

I stand by my response.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
And you just ignored our responses as to why he wouldn’t play. But hey, if you think getting into the lineup for 1 game is some cause for celebration....wow.

I stand by my response.

Maybe he meant a Knights charity exhibition game too. He never said it had to be an NHL game.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I stand by my response.

It's called answering the question and putting things into context and not rambling on your own tangent. Try learning it.

I think Granlund could play on the 4th line for the Knights. It's not like they have been icing guys that are 4th line mainstays in any NHL lineup. Tatar not being in the lineup does not mean he is a lesser player than fellow former Red Wing Nosek.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's called answering the question and putting things into context and not rambling on your own tangent. Try learning it.

I think Granlund could play on the 4th line for the Knights. It's not like they have been icing guys that are 4th line mainstays in any NHL lineup. Tatar not being in the lineup does not mean he is a lesser player than fellow former Red Wing Nosek.

Except, as I already mentioned, Vegas already traded away a better 4th line player (Leipsic) for an AHLer because they didn't need him. Do you really think a soft, undersized forward like Granlund who isn't really good at anything would get into their lineup? I just don't see it.

It's not going off on my own tangent, it's refuting your nonsensical logic.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
"He’s a two-way guy. I mean, Bergeron is a two-way guy. I would take a few of those."

- Trevor Linden

Reactions: Peter10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad