The Avalanche need a new goal song.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah I probably have them confused. The three stars theme is the “throne room” theme I believe. I swear I’ve heard the Imperial March for penalties but maybe that was the Canucks. They have a Star Wars night and play the themes too. Living in Seattle I’ve seen more Avs games in Vancouver than I have in Denver.
Maybe they have on penalty calls.

It would be awesome though if they played these evil empire type songs as intro and goal songs for themselves. :laugh: Like, to go with another Star Wars example, "March on the Jedi Temple" as the entry song for the Avs.

Reactions: Gruyeriev

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
The techno song I was talking about is whoa oh oh - zombie nation. They love to play that one up in Eastern Canada.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
They brought that awful thing across the pond?

You’d think they’d play some Death Medal out of deference to the home crowd.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

The current goal song is fine. One of the best in the league IMO. Cheerful, gets the crowd going, and easy to chant to HEY HEY HEY!

Two goalsongs I would like to see tried in the NHL:

Samba de Janeiro would probably feel a bit weird with hockey but it's still a great tune to sing to. And I will survive just works, just see this:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Might as well just make it all the small things. Avalanche warning siren, fallowed by "All the small things. True care, truth brings" ect ect ect.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Might as well just make it all the small things. Avalanche warning siren, fallowed by "All the small things. True care, truth brings" ect ect ect.
f*** that. It's a great song, but a horrible goal song.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

Despite being someone who’d love death metal as a goal song. Finland’s top 100 is full of pop, pop rock, and electronic just like the US. Our goal song fits more than you could ever imagine there.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Despite being someone who’d love death metal as a goal song. Finland’s top 100 is full of pop, pop rock, and electronic just like the US. Our goal song fits more than you could ever imagine there.
Is that why they all live in the forest?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Not a huge surprise, the Avs are ranked dead last out of 29 teams (the ones with individual goal songs--which is a TERRIBLE idea BTW--were not included).

I mean, the emphasis isn't really on the goal song, but I still wish they'd pick something that's not so generic and not so Steve Aoki either.

tornadowarning33

Feb 15, 2018

Not a huge surprise, the Avs are ranked dead last out of 29 teams (the ones with individual goal songs--which is a TERRIBLE idea BTW--were not included).

I mean, the emphasis isn't really on the goal song, but I still wish they'd pick something that's not so generic and not so Steve Aoki either.
I'm tired of ours, too, but this poll is completely invalid, because there is no objective way that any songs on here are worse than freaking Hall & Oates.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm tired of ours, too, but this poll is completely invalid, because there is no objective way that any songs on here are worse than freaking Hall & Oates.
Much as I don't think that song is a great goal song I rank that one >>>>>>>>> over any of the generic Jock Jams ditties that are still around.

Also, original goal songs kinda suck. Like, even the Pantera one is...meh, though I dig the fact that connection likely had something to do with avowed metalhead Jere Lehtinen.

Lastly...move on already, Chicago.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Chase the Sun is fantastic and it being ranked low is absolutely jealousy from the assortment of shite teams we've embarrassed since its introduction. Keep it until the MacKinnon contract ends.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I suggest all home goals that either tie up a game or increase our lead use a clip from AC/DC's Big Balls as the goal song. I mean, not only is it a great, swagger song but it hilariously ties in with the arena's name.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad