The Avalanche need a new goal song.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Now the election is over we can focus on the import ant shit. The Avalanche need something better than this:

Granted it's way down on the list of shit he did, but Gary Glitter ruined the one great tradition of the Hockey Rockies. I'm not sure using a music soundalike of RRPT2 was the way to go.

Reactions: Roy33

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nah they just went back to that song didn't they? What they were using before was worse IMO.

I don't know if it's nostalgia from the Cup years or what, but I feel like I get pumped up after goals with that song more than what other teams use, and more than what the Avs used prior to whenever they went back to it. Just feels like it generates a lot of buzz in the arena.

It feels unique to the Avs too. Lots of teams, including the Avs in the past use the same song, and I feel like it makes the moment after goals fall short on excitement.

The horn I could take or leave though.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I raise you, Antonio Vivaldi - Storm.

Tell me the Avs couldn’t intimidate the opposition by playing the second half of this song after a goal.

A goal scoring flurry would completely take the will away from the opposition.

Or for the low brow among us:

This is a fun one:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I'm glad they went back to Dick Dale Scalped for the entry music, maybe they could stick with him and use Misirlou.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I really wish they would go back to the Avalanche Warning siren. I'll leave the music up to y'all thought as I'm old and doubt many of you would want to hear riffs from Iron Maiden or AC/DC after every goal we score.
Oh I would so love to see a good heavy metal anthem for a goal song. Never gonna happen, but if I was in charge...

As for the current one, it's fine. Not amazing or anything, but compared to the clunky techno abomination from the nightmare season it looks awesome. Now THAT was crap.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Nah they just went back to that song didn't they? What they were using before was worse IMO.

I don't know if it's nostalgia from the Cup years or what, but I feel like I get pumped up after goals with that song more than what other teams use, and more than what the Avs used prior to whenever they went back to it. Just feels like it generates a lot of buzz in the arena.

It feels unique to the Avs too. Lots of teams, including the Avs in the past use the same song, and I feel like it makes the moment after goals fall short on excitement.

The horn I could take or leave though.
What the hell are you talking about?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I raise you, Antonio Vivaldi - Storm.

Tell me the Avs couldn’t intimidate the opposition by playing the second half of this song after a goal.

A goal scoring flurry would completely take the will away from the opposition.

My question is why doesn't Columbus use the latter portions of this on occasions:

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Did you somehow manage to forget they used other goal songs? The one they have now is the one they used from their Cup contending teams.

The last two they used were waaaaay worse.

All the Rock n' Roll Pt 2 soundalikes blended together. And not like we heard the goal song much in the teens

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Oh I would so love to see a good heavy metal anthem for a goal song. Never gonna happen, but if I was in charge...

As for the current one, it's fine. Not amazing or anything, but compared to the clunky techno abomination from the nightmare season it looks awesome. Now THAT was crap.
All I care is they moved on from that one yeah. It was terrible plus the bad memories associated. The current one is fine. I liked Born to Rage a bit better but I’m not complaining.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
One of these Days by Pink Floyd would be cool, cued up before the "One of these days I'm going to chop you into little pieces" part:

Reactions: Pokecheque

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
All I care is they moved on from that one yeah. It was terrible plus the bad memories associated. The current one is fine. I liked Born to Rage a bit better but I’m not complaining.
A few other teams use it when they're about to start a power play occasionally, and it triggers all kinds of dark memories...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad