The Avalanche need a new goal song.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Not a huge surprise, the Avs are ranked dead last out of 29 teams (the ones with individual goal songs--which is a TERRIBLE idea BTW--were not included).

I mean, the emphasis isn't really on the goal song, but I still wish they'd pick something that's not so generic and not so Steve Aoki either.

KernKraft 400 at 6 is pathetic. And Boston of all places. They have actual unique choices to Boston, and they go with generic jock jams song A. At least Carolina used a song that had some relevance to them specifically, and they have a much harder time doing so.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
KernKraft 400 at 6 is pathetic. And Boston of all places. They have actual unique choices to Boston, and they go with generic jock jams song A. At least Carolina used a song that had some relevance to them specifically, and they have a much harder time doing so.
I suppose the really generic ones have the most widespread appeal.

The Canes' choice should be #1.

Reactions: tucker3434

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hopefully Baba O'Reilly is soon to follow.
I prefer Papa O'Reilly

9EcmBqi.png

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Hopefully Baba O'Reilly is soon to follow.

I dunno. As a classic rock fan, I love "Baba O'Riley" and The Who. There's a couple of generations of fans who never heard of it.

At a game this year, my 20 year old daughter asked me what the "cool" song was that they play at the start of the 3rd period.

I made her listen to "Who's Next" on the way home - she's now enlightened.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I dunno. As a classic rock fan, I love "Baba O'Riley" and The Who. There's a couple of generations of fans who never heard of it.

At a game this year, my 20 year old daughter asked me what the "cool" song was that they play at the start of the 3rd period.

I made her listen to "Who's Next" on the way home - she's now enlightened.
I love The Who and Baba O'Reilly is great... it is just time for a new song to start the period.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I vote this for new goal song

That would be so chill. Way different mood.

And why stop there. At the start of a period play the droid army theme, Enter Lord Vader, and Execute Order 66.

Then when it's just a stoppage, play some chill background pieces.

And when there's a penalty or a review, play Cantina Band.

Am I just describing Star Wars Night? Or a Disney lawsuit?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: a mangy Meowth

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It took them about 10 years to finally move on from Jake Schroeder when he was obviously nothing special anymore. I'm guessing that's about the timeframe for them to end the madness with their lame goal song. Hey hey hey isnt too far from something Forslund says on Kraken games, isn't that a good enough reason to lose this one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad