GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
DY5q6XpXkAUvTdw.jpg
Nobody can say we don't have a sense of humor!

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
I'm giving Lovejoy my best wishes tonight but man I couldn't disagree more with those saying he hasn't been the worst defensman in this series. Even the value he is supposed to bring beyond all his weaknesses have been completely missing. Oh well. Hope he plays well but he did nothing to deserve another start after game 2.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I hate t-shirt giveaways for hockey anyway. It's the one sport where a large number of fans wear jerseys, and the t-shirts just cover them up. Wish they went with white towels though, you can barely see the red towels against the red jerseys. The white towels create an awesome contrast. #17 even commented in 2012 how much better the white towels looked when we switched over from red.
For the money you pay for a playoff game a souvineer t shirt is the very least they can give fans. That's the greatest thing about going to a Flyers playoff game: every game they give out a different orange t shirt. Greatest one they ever did was the one with PA announcer Lou Nolan that read "Stay Classy Philly", which is what he said to the crowd in the middle of the bracelet fiasco a few years ago. People were actually lining up at the PA booth to have him sign them before the game.

But getting back to tonight: they finally did something I've wanted them to do forever: souvineer soda is $9.50 but includes unlimited refills. Caps do this and it's a great idea.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Our late to thier seats crowd always makes me nervous. Boys warming up in front of a half empty arena.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Cory plays lights out. Has the we are gonna need him feel and he’ll come up big. We win 4-2 and Stafford scores. Hall, Zajac, Stafford, and Vatanen score. Johansson with an assist.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Our late to thier seats crowd always makes me nervous. Boys warming up in front of a half empty arena.
There must still be tickets available because I saw the window and it had the hockey seating map on the table behind the glass. Betting those are expensive seats because it's obvious the upper tier is sold out because there are people at the top of every section already.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
I know coaches are a lot smarter than us. I know they are far more qualified to make lineup decisions than I could ever be.

That being said, I would love for a coach to tell me why LJ continues to be in the lineup. I can't figure it out. Even if you think Mueller isn't an upgrade, how could you possibly consider him a downgrade? Or Santini for that matter? What am I missing? Do coaches get a warm fuzzy feeling when they know a player will be directly responsible for at least one goal against every night? Do coaches prefer that consistency over someone who is inconsistent with the same lows but much higher highs?
Lovejoy made quite a few blunders in the last game alone....I don't get it either

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Can't say I have much faith in Schneider but who knows

Tampa was just a poor match for us. They're too good. But I think they'll be primed and hungry today. This series is definitely going back to Tampa.

Reactions: liquid1988

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Lovejoy made quite a few blunders in the last game alone....I don't get it either

yeah I'll third that. I get no Santini, although I like him alot... guy hasn't seen NHL action in a while and the playoffs are up a notch. I didn't think Mueller was a weakness in the past two games... considering we had one of our defensemen score a beautiful own goal and the other defensemen did a pretty good keystone cops imitation.

Maybe Lovejoy was one of the least worst?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad